The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

5-year NED mark

Forums General Melanoma Community 5-year NED mark

Participant
      Hello and best wishes to all of you frequenting this board now, some names I know, many I don’t.

Please forgive me for not finding it but I’m sure this same topic likely appears all over this forum – I admit to no longer being able to find my way around 🙁

Just want to say I’m thrilled to report that my sister, Leisa, passed the 5-year NED line a couple of weeks ago. Targeted (taf/mek – BRAF+) and immunotherapies (ipi/nivo), combined with WBR (whole brain radiation – no way around it!!) did the total job of ridding her of this particular demon when it was extremely wide-spread (multiple tumours in numerous organs and bones and, literally, hundreds of micro-mets in the brain, plus many larger ones, 3 bleeding by the time of WBR).

My greatest wish is that one day there will be an immunotherapy for all cancers – in the mel world, it is truly a miracle.

Peace, much love and my very best wishes go out to everyone here >> patients, caregivers, families and friends!!

Barb

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        SOLE
        Participant
          My best wishes to you and your sister Barb. I do recollect reading you when I arrived at this forum 6 years ago now.

And thank you for the support you have given your sister. This is truly priceless.

Marc

JudiAU
          Participant
            What a journey! Congratulations. That is exceptional.
            ThinkingPositive
            Participant
              Dear Sister,
              Congratulations to your sister and your family! Immunotherapy has made such a difference to many of us.
              Best,
              Cindy
              1 year NED
              Bubbles
              Participant
                Oh, Barb!!! So happy for you and Leisa!!! You have been such a rock for her and many of us here. Wishing good things for you both in the coming years!!! Love, les
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics