The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

4th infusion and no side effects

Forums General Melanoma Community 4th infusion and no side effects

Participant
      Hello,

I just had my fourth infusion of pembro today. So far I have had no side effects that I know. Has anyone had no side effects and still had a response? Do side effects ever occur later into the treatment?
      It’s adjuvant but with very high risk of recurrence, I’m hoping for some sign that it’s working or not.

Any info or experience is appreciated!

Thanks,

Martha

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        poppymac
        Participant
          i had 4 infusions of pembro in late 2018
          it was stopped because a braimn met showed up on scan
          oncologists was quick to point out i had no side effects
          i only one treatment of srs on brain met and nothing since
          so not sure if pembro worked
          Beany
          Participant
            Hello,
            I have had 20 infusions of nivo and no side effects. I am currently NED.

Chris R
            Participant
              I cannot speak specifically to Pembro, but I know the Ipi-Nivo cocktail can have side effects occur as late as a couple years after treatment.

I asked that question after two or three weeks after starting Ipi-Nivo as I had no side effects. I was told not read into not having side effects as a sign it is not working. Apparently some rev’ed up immune systems are better at targeting the disease vs other organs. It’s totally dependent on the individual.

JudiAU
              Participant
                I completed the combo and had very modest side effects. No known Mets right now.
                OnJnAnT
                Participant
                  I had a year of adjuvant nivo, with adrenal insufficiency developing in month 9-10. I had minor aches and pains up until that point, but otherwise asymptomatic.

I progressed 6 months after I completed my adjuvant treatment.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics