The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3rd Petscan results

Forums General Melanoma Community 3rd Petscan results

Participant

Hi, I have been reading but not posting.  Wanted to wait until i had news of my 3rd Petscan Dec 6h.2nd Petwscan on 9/11 was great.  The 6 tumors were either no longer visible or has really shrank.

3rd Petscan and most recent showed the original 6 still shrunk, but there are two new nodules.

Report reads-(FYI-FDG activity is the serum glucosa that glows where there is tumor activity.)

"1. There appears to be a new mesenteric nodule in the left anterior pararenal space and inferior to the tail the pancreas measuring 1.0cm (.39inch) with mild FDG activity.  There is also a new right anterior abdominal wall nodule density with  mild FDG activity measuring 1.1cm (.43inch) between the 8th and 9th right anterior ribs . The findings are nonspecific and may be concerning for new sites of  metastatic disease.                                                                                                    2. There is interval new mild groundglass opacity in the me dial posterior right lower lung me asuring approximately 1.5cm (.59inch). There is a smaller irregular groundglass opacity in the posterior left lower lobe. The findings are likely compatible with infectious/linflammatory etiology." August 2017 i was scheduled for 4th opdivo/yervoy treatment. Canceled due to high liver panel. Hepatitis D due to treatment. I am finally down to 10mg of Prednisone from 100 i started with in Aug. If numbers stay the same this week ( I have blood tests one or twice a week to monitor ALT/AST) then Fri will be my last dosage of sterioids. And next week i will start my Opdivo maintenance of 1 hr every other week. This is the  maintenance he originally told he I would start after the 4th treatment which i didn't get to have anyways. But would have after the 3rd.   My 2nd Petscan was so encouraging he had said my body could use a rest and no treatments for awhile.  But because of the two new nodules Dr wants me to get started on the maintenance. It's not 100% sure it is cancer but because of my metastatic melanoma history they are treating it as such.  I did test postive to take target therapy but he said not yet.  I am taking 100  mg of thyroid meds each  mornng.  Fatigue is my side effect now.  And brain fog. Yeah finally going to be off Prednisone after 8.10.17!!

I know Opdivo/Yervoy combo works, wondering about just Opdvio as  maintainence? 

Thank you all for your advise and support.

Hoping you all had a nice Christmas and praying for a healthy NED 2018 for all of  you!

Sharon, Simi Valley – 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        keepthefaith11
        Participant
          Sharon, I don’t have much to offer but wanted to let you know that my dad had a nodule in his pancreas. They couldn’t say for sure it was a tumor but certainly a very suspicious. He started Opdivo and it disappeared after 4 rounds. Hang in there.

Annie

Sharon93065
            Participant

That is good news for both of us!

Hukill
            Participant

I just had opdivo maintanance number 27, last 2 scans were clean.

Sharon93065
                Participant

Thank you!  How far apart were the scans? 

Hukill
                  Participant

12 weeks apart which means 6 months ned.

sister of patient
                  Participant

Hi Sharon – Sorry to hear you've had to deal with a bunch of nasty side effects!! Just want you to know that nivo went to work on a very high tumour burden and did a great job for my sister. She is also NED now (has been for several months) and, for the most part, tolerated nivo very well. So, yeah, nivo can definitely get the job done for you!! I wish you well with resuming infusions and (of course) that it kicks butt for you too!!  🙂

Barb

Sharon93065
                      Participant

Thank you  for your words of encouragement!

Sharon 

Viewing 2 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics