The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3a Local Recurrence. Continue Nivo? part2

Forums General Melanoma Community 3a Local Recurrence. Continue Nivo? part2

Participant
      I said I’d post again after I got the recommendation from the tumor board. So, here’s my brief treatment history. I originally had a thick tumor on the back of my scalp. It was removed in July 2017. I’ve been on Nivo ever since, every two weeks. I had a recurrence on the back of my scalp, near the original site, that started in December 2017, but it was so minor and did not show up on scans, so we thought it could have been a bad pimple. It disappeared and I felt it again in mid February. The first punch biopsy was negative, but the bump remained, so nearly four weeks later a second punch biopsy, twice as deep as the first was positive. So I had a second surgery in early April. The tumor was a very slow grower and didn’t show any uptake on the PET scan. 1.2cm diameter, fully resectable, nothing in the margins, no sign of it anywhere else.

The tumor board reviewed my case both times, and they’ve recommended continuing with my regular Nivo treatment schedule, ending in August.

I’m still feeling pretty positive about my chances at this point.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

Hi Billy,

I was on Pembro, but I had a similar story with 4 intransits showing up seemingly randomly.  Surgery got rid of them, but I stayed with Pembro to 21 infusions.  I'm now NED.

Hope NED is in your near future, too!

Julie

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics