The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

355 days later

Forums General Melanoma Community 355 days later

Participant
      I found out 355 days ago that I had a new brain met, suspected to be Stage IV melanoma. This was the same appointment when my unrelated vicious brain tumor was finally defeated. After a year of treatment, my scans are clean. I am too hopelessly scared and defeated to think I am done. Nobody used NED as a term applied to my body. But in fact, right now, there is nothing NOTHING showing up on my scans.

I want to express my gratitude to everyone who has shared their stories, research, support, and love on this board. Your compassion is endless, generous, and so needed. Thank you. You make the journey bearable.

Judi

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        tedtell1
        Participant
          Judi;
          Great news. Sounds like NED to me, even if nobody used the phrase! Hope the roller coaster stops and everything stays good!!!!
          Ted
          Bubbles
          Participant
            Amen to what Ted said!!!! You have been through an incredibly harsh battle, Judi! Yet, here you are!!!! When asked (or told some version of same!) – “Are you going to die?” I answer, “Not today!” May luck and blessings be yours in the coming days and years. Enjoy!! celeste
            jbronicki
            Participant
              Ditto to Ted and Bubbles,

I can imagine it’s hard to not be nervous about great news, but I’m so happy to hear this Judi. You’ve been really good to everyone on the board and really helped me too with my questions! I’m just so excited to hear the results from this scan. Your experience with two different types of brain tumors has been invaluable to this board (I’m guessing you could do without that distinction 🙂 ), you too have helped so many people. I remember all of your responses and comments, THANK YOU. Many hugs Judi, can’t wait to hear how you are doing in NED land.

MelMel
              Participant
                To deal with and defeat one kind is incredible but to have two different, unrelated brain tumors and win is beyond fantastic! Congratulations on your NED and enjoy your new status. May it be ever lasting.
                Melanie
                Julie in SoCal
                Participant
                  NED, NED, NED! WOOOHOOOO

Happy Dancing with you in SoCal!!!!! Best news all week!

Julie

lkb
                  Participant
                    Hooray. Judi! Rock it.
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics