The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

340 days after TIL

Forums General Melanoma Community 340 days after TIL

Participant

Hello All, 

I wanted to share my latest good news from my follow-up visit to NIH last week.  340 days after they infused my 119 billion TIL cells back into my body -my doctors gave me the label of " Complete responder with no evidence of disease".  This is a label I hope to wear for a very long time. 

Hello All, 

I wanted to share my latest good news from my follow-up visit to NIH last week.  340 days after they infused my 119 billion TIL cells back into my body -my doctors gave me the label of " Complete responder with no evidence of disease".  This is a label I hope to wear for a very long time. 

It has been a great year watching the tumors shrink away.  But even with each bit of good news comes the fear that it will, at some point, turn the other direction without warning.  Hearing the phrase above has allowed us to breath a little deeper and feel a little more confident that melanoma may remain behind us for a little while.  (How about gone but not forgotten?)

I don't post here all that often but when I have I have received so much support and inspiration.  I am constantly amazed and inspired by everyone who chooses to share their stories or their advice.  I  have never participated in a community like this before but have found so much peace in knowing that there are others who really know what this about – and they have my back.  Thanks for that.  

I hope everyone who reads this gets to hear the words of "no evidence of disease" and those words linger for year after year.  

All the best, 

Troy

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

Wonderful, wonderful news!! Thank you for taking the time to come and post these words of encouragement and congratulations on your great response to the TIL.

Tina

Tina D
          Participant

Wonderful, wonderful news!! Thank you for taking the time to come and post these words of encouragement and congratulations on your great response to the TIL.

Tina

Tina D
            Participant

Tina

Fen
              Participant

What wonderful news!  Enjoy yourself and your successful treatment.   I really like your "gone but not forgotten" attitude.  For me this has translated into raising awareness and money for research.  I feel that in a very small way I'm helping others beat this awful disease.

Fen

Fen
                Participant

What wonderful news!  Enjoy yourself and your successful treatment.   I really like your "gone but not forgotten" attitude.  For me this has translated into raising awareness and money for research.  I feel that in a very small way I'm helping others beat this awful disease.

Fen

Fen
                  Participant

Fen

Gene_S
                    Participant

Troy,

Welcome to the new world of NED I hope it last for a long while.  This is such a great thing to hear.  Congratulations and now maybe you can live life to its fullest.  Each day is a blessing that deserves counting.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED)

Gene_S
                      Participant

Troy,

Welcome to the new world of NED I hope it last for a long while.  This is such a great thing to hear.  Congratulations and now maybe you can live life to its fullest.  Each day is a blessing that deserves counting.

Gene_S
                        Participant

Troy,

Brendan
                          Participant

Great news, Troy!  Thanks for sharing.

Brendan

Brendan
                            Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                              Participant

Brendan

buffcody
                                Participant

I am very happy and heartened by your wondrous report.  To many years of health!!

buffcody
                                  Participant

I am very happy and heartened by your wondrous report.  To many years of health!!

buffcody
                                    Participant

Phil S
                                      Participant
                                        Troy, That is fantastic news, I am so happy for you and your family. My husband did TIL at MDAnderson, so I remembered your posts and always wonder how you were doing, NED WOW! How often will you need to go to NIH for scans now? My husband has been stable almost one year since his TIL, and he is feeling well. ENJOY your NED life and I hope your melanoma is gone forever! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                        Phil S
                                        Participant
                                          Troy, That is fantastic news, I am so happy for you and your family. My husband did TIL at MDAnderson, so I remembered your posts and always wonder how you were doing, NED WOW! How often will you need to go to NIH for scans now? My husband has been stable almost one year since his TIL, and he is feeling well. ENJOY your NED life and I hope your melanoma is gone forever! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                          Phil S
                                          Participant
                                              TSchulz
                                              Participant

Valerie, 

Thank you for your reply.  They will keep a pretty close eye on me for quite awhile.  I will return every 3 months for 1-2 more times and assuming things stay clear they will slowly start to stretch it out. As much as l like spending time in DC, I look forward to only having to make the trip once/year someday.  I think they will follow me as long as I'm around….

I am happy to hear that Phil has remained stable for the year.  I am sure you can relate – It is so great, although strange, to not have any treatment looming on the immediate horizon.  I wish you both all the best of luck with continued success and shrinkage!

Troy

TSchulz
                                                Participant

Valerie, 

Thank you for your reply.  They will keep a pretty close eye on me for quite awhile.  I will return every 3 months for 1-2 more times and assuming things stay clear they will slowly start to stretch it out. As much as l like spending time in DC, I look forward to only having to make the trip once/year someday.  I think they will follow me as long as I'm around….

I am happy to hear that Phil has remained stable for the year.  I am sure you can relate – It is so great, although strange, to not have any treatment looming on the immediate horizon.  I wish you both all the best of luck with continued success and shrinkage!

Troy

TSchulz
                                                  Participant

Valerie, 

Troy

hbecker
                                                  Participant

Troy, Judy/Gene, Valerie/Phil —

Thanks so much for sharing your success stories! N.E.D. – Gone but not forgotten – so much hope to share with those of us who are earlier on in this battle.

Thanks for paving the way – enjoy every day!!

Hazel (wife of Robert, awaiting word on last week's scans)

hbecker
                                                    Participant

Thanks so much for sharing your success stories! N.E.D. – Gone but not forgotten – so much hope to share with those of us who are earlier on in this battle.

hbecker
                                                      Participant

Linny
                                                        Participant

Troy, this is great news! Congratulations!!! I hope that you and your loved ones are celebrating this, BIG time.

Linny
                                                          Participant

Troy, this is great news! Congratulations!!! I hope that you and your loved ones are celebrating this, BIG time.

Linny
                                                            Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                              Participant
                                                                WHOOPEE !!! Love such news!
                                                                JerryfromFauq
                                                                Participant
                                                                  JerryfromFauq
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    lizzie10
                                                                    Participant

Great news Troy!

I received the therapy in October 2006, only 8.5 billion cells. My NED status didn't arrive until December 2010, but I was stable from 2007-2010. I lead a normal life and so will you….Congratulations!!  Lizzie

lizzie10
                                                                      Participant

Great news Troy!

I received the therapy in October 2006, only 8.5 billion cells. My NED status didn't arrive until December 2010, but I was stable from 2007-2010. I lead a normal life and so will you….Congratulations!!  Lizzie

lizzie10
                                                                        Participant

Great news Troy!

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics