The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3 Yrs. NED from stage IV. VATS & HD IL-2

Forums General Melanoma Community 3 Yrs. NED from stage IV. VATS & HD IL-2

Participant

Just stopping in to say Hi.

I also "graduated" to yearly visits to my surg. onc.  I see the med. onc in March.  Hopefully I can graduate to yearly visits with him as well.  I would love to stagger one in the summer, and the other in the spring so will still be monitored every 6 months.  Either way, there must be some reason why I am sticking around.

I am so happy for my girls, Emma now 5, and Jade now 8.

Aloha Y'all'

Kim

Just stopping in to say Hi.

I also "graduated" to yearly visits to my surg. onc.  I see the med. onc in March.  Hopefully I can graduate to yearly visits with him as well.  I would love to stagger one in the summer, and the other in the spring so will still be monitored every 6 months.  Either way, there must be some reason why I am sticking around.

I am so happy for my girls, Emma now 5, and Jade now 8.

Aloha Y'all'

Kim

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        eric w
        Participant
          Hey Kim.. Congrats.. May I ask your braf status. If you are braf negative do you know any other mutations you may have? Thanks and congrats..
          eric w
          Participant
            Hey Kim.. Congrats.. May I ask your braf status. If you are braf negative do you know any other mutations you may have? Thanks and congrats..
            eric w
            Participant
              BrianP
              Participant

Thanks for checking in Kim.  Never get tired of hearing success updates!

BrianP
                Participant

BrianP
                  Participant

Kim K
                    Participant

Braf Positive. 

ad2424
                      Participant

Hi Kim

Congrats on your 3 years and being in the 6% club.I'm always happy to hear of an IL-2 success story.

I did IL-2 almost 2 years ago, and although not in your club, I have achieved almost stability of my lung nodules after VAT.

Steven

ad2424
                        Participant

Hi Kim

Congrats on your 3 years and being in the 6% club.I'm always happy to hear of an IL-2 success story.

I did IL-2 almost 2 years ago, and although not in your club, I have achieved almost stability of my lung nodules after VAT.

Steven

ad2424
                          Participant

Hi Kim

Steven

tasjacques
                            Participant

Hi Kim

Fantastic news!!! it is so great and hopeful to hear these news from people that are doing so great after treatment.

Elenise

tasjacques
                              Participant

Hi Kim

Fantastic news!!! it is so great and hopeful to hear these news from people that are doing so great after treatment.

Elenise

tasjacques
                                Participant

Hi Kim

Elenise

Kim K
                                  Participant

Braf Positive. 

Kim K
                                    Participant

Braf Positive. 

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics