The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3 years N.E.D. Stage 3b

Forums General Melanoma Community 3 years N.E.D. Stage 3b

Participant
      Hello all my melanoma warriars just wanted to bring a positive story to this forum. When I was newly diagnosed I would like to read these stories and also the information I learned from reading this site about this disease was immense. Thank you for this site.

I was diagnosed at 34 with stage 3b ulcerated melanoma in Oct 2015 on back. Did 4 rounds of Yervoy 10mg after having it resected with a clnd. Got really sick during treatment and was in hospital for over a week.

3 years N.E.D.

Trust in God and stay positive!

Gregory

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Newmanbell
        Participant

My husband is 3b and in a few months it will be 2 years since having the tumor and 22 lymph nodes (one which had cancer) removed from his chest.  So far he has been NED, and you are right I LOVE messages like these.  He has been on almost a year on Opdivo and doing well with it.  He takes 5 mg of prednisdone every 3 days which makes him feel "normal".  Thank you for posting, it does help us stay positive.

Donna 

jbronicki
          Participant

Congrats!  NED is always a reason to celebrate and I'm so glad for you. Love these messages.  My husband has his six month scans next Monday/Tuesday at MD Anderson and scared we won't be in this group any more but it's the sweetest letters to hear. 

lkb
            Participant

Thanks for posting. Hip hip hooray for NED.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics