The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3 month MEK combo results

Forums General Melanoma Community 3 month MEK combo results

Participant

3 month scan showed tumor regression in lungs, liver and bone! One has disappeared! I am having a few side effects from the meds. Anyone experienced back pain or joint swelling?  My wbc count is getting low and doctor has mentioned adjusting dosage. I am so thrilled about scan but am scared about wbc level.  Any personal experiences? 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        dfeng
        Participant

Congratulations on the success from treatment.

I got similar situation long ago from chemo. What I did was to eat some kinds of high vitamin, protein food, and verb diet like ginseng. And make sure you have enough excise to maintain energy.

Most of all, be calm and put mind at ease..

dfeng
          Participant

I got similar situation long ago from chemo. What I did was to eat some kinds of high vitamin, protein food, and verb diet like ginseng. And make sure you have enough excise to maintain energy.

dfeng
            Participant

Aussielyn
              Participant

Hi there ! I've been on combo for nearly 2 years now – last PET was March & I'll have a CT in September. I did have some severe side effects – joint / nerve like  pain in legs , feet pain , headaches , mouth ulcers & dehydration were the worst. I was taken off meds for a week & then put on a reduced dosage of Dabrafenib & a short course of prednisone. Now I only get the odd headache & a bit of fatigue at the end of the day . I exercise most days of the week which I believe really helps. I wish you continued success with this treatment.

Cheers

Lynette

rabbits68
                  Participant

So encouraging to hear you have been on the combo for 2 years. I'm hoping my body will not reject. Hoping you get a great report in Sept.

rabbits68
                    Participant

So encouraging to hear you have been on the combo for 2 years. I'm hoping my body will not reject. Hoping you get a great report in Sept.

rabbits68
                      Participant

Aussielyn
                      Participant

Hi there ! I've been on combo for nearly 2 years now – last PET was March & I'll have a CT in September. I did have some severe side effects – joint / nerve like  pain in legs , feet pain , headaches , mouth ulcers & dehydration were the worst. I was taken off meds for a week & then put on a reduced dosage of Dabrafenib & a short course of prednisone. Now I only get the odd headache & a bit of fatigue at the end of the day . I exercise most days of the week which I believe really helps. I wish you continued success with this treatment.

Cheers

Lynette

Aussielyn
                        Participant

Cheers

Lynette

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics