The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2 months post-op

Forums General Melanoma Community 2 months post-op

Participant

Just wanted to give a brief update on things since my groin lymph node removal back in August. First of all – how is it already October? Time has really blended together for me this year with so much focus on different treatments and recovery. 

Surgery went well, and I can’t say I used my time on medical leave as “wisely” as I would have wanted – but did get to watch a few series on Netflix and just rest.

My pathology report was excellent (attributed to Taf/mek I took in the two weeks leading up to surgery). In terms of recovery – I love and live in my knee high compression stocking. I started wearing it about 3 weeks after surgery. Then, when I got my drain out – started wearing Spanx shorts – which have helped immensely in swelling reduction.  I do look forward to when I won’t need to wear it all, but it has not been too much of a nuisance and I can still feel a bit of fluid where it doesn’t belong. 

I also made sure to start physical therapy 1x week – recumbent bike, manual massage, and taping (not bandaging) to prevent lymphadema and get fluid going up.  

I’ve also had 3 rounds of Keytruda since surgery – thyroid numbers are starting to change, but not feeling any different so far. 

Best wishes to everyone in their treatment. 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        obtu.bt
        Participant
          I am happy to have your feedback. I also had complet lenf nodes removal on 12 of August and now I am on ipi + radiation. Operated from my right groin.
            J.bun
            Participant

Hope you having an easy recovery – manageable with the radiation and immunotherapy too.  It is amazing how we stack treatments on top of each other, but so important to tackle this!

obtu.bt
              Participant
                Very good observation. We are all in this unknown black hole with our self feeling and searching the best way to follow… I have 40 years old and have wife + 2 daughters to take care of… So welcome to the journey
          Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics