The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2 1/2 years of Zelboraf and worn out!

Forums General Melanoma Community 2 1/2 years of Zelboraf and worn out!

Participant

Feel so fortunate just being able to get around and have a daily routine. 

My heart goes out to everyone fighting as I know I've had it very easy compaired to most! Been able to make it to work every day only due to the people I worked with being in worse shape than me. They didn't realize how much motovation I received from them as I was supposed to be motivating them to exercise.

About 60 days ago started feeling very fatigued,  With a difficult time writing and thinking. Went on vacation for a week, thought it would help. Never got any better. Ive had to stop working and take it easy for a while.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same reaction?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies

Hi Bruce, I have been on Zelboraf since Nov. of 2011.  Among the side effects i have had are fatigue.  It has come and gone for months. Sometimes between the aches and diarrhea and fatigue it has been very trying. I do not work. Please give yourself a giant,"YES"! for accomplishing that. I was just off Zelboraf for 2 weeks.  It took 8 days for the diarrhea to stop. I suddenly felt wonderful.  Then I wondered about  the melanoma.  Is it going to show its ugly head again?  I have been back on the Zelboraf for 2 1/2 weeks and I feel all the fatigue I felt when I started  it  in 2011. I try to remember how fortunate I am because it has worked so well, but the "new reality" is what it is.  It is difficult.  So with gratitude and humility I say, "ok". I guess there is more to do before I don't do.  I have scans next week and I am again hopeful.  Sometimes i feel like I live in 2 month increments, from scans to scans……BUT it is very good!  I hope to do more Spring gardening this year. You are doing very well .  Best wishes Mary

Hi Bruce, I have been on Zelboraf since Nov. of 2011.  Among the side effects i have had are fatigue.  It has come and gone for months. Sometimes between the aches and diarrhea and fatigue it has been very trying. I do not work. Please give yourself a giant,"YES"! for accomplishing that. I was just off Zelboraf for 2 weeks.  It took 8 days for the diarrhea to stop. I suddenly felt wonderful.  Then I wondered about  the melanoma.  Is it going to show its ugly head again?  I have been back on the Zelboraf for 2 1/2 weeks and I feel all the fatigue I felt when I started  it  in 2011. I try to remember how fortunate I am because it has worked so well, but the "new reality" is what it is.  It is difficult.  So with gratitude and humility I say, "ok". I guess there is more to do before I don't do.  I have scans next week and I am again hopeful.  Sometimes i feel like I live in 2 month increments, from scans to scans……BUT it is very good!  I hope to do more Spring gardening this year. You are doing very well .  Best wishes Mary

Bruce Davis
        Participant

I think we're both doing very well Mary. Considering what the alternative is! Again feeling fortunate to have survived this long it becomes difficult to plan for the future. Just resting a  it then getting back to living life more fully again.

Hope all continues to go well with hiatus from Zelboraf!

Bruce

Bruce Davis
          Participant

I think we're both doing very well Mary. Considering what the alternative is! Again feeling fortunate to have survived this long it becomes difficult to plan for the future. Just resting a  it then getting back to living life more fully again.

Bruce

Bruce Davis
            Participant

Bruce

Viewing 5 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics