The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

18 primaries and STILL counting

Forums General Melanoma Community 18 primaries and STILL counting

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by SOLE.
    Participant
      Well as I recall last time I posted I was about up to 14 or so…I lost track. Just had five wide excisions yesterday which had me up to 18, with several more than likely yet to be picked off. Golf ball size lump removed from neck to boot yesterday. Always been told it was a cyst from when it was pea size year’s ago. Hopefully that true. Throwing out insitu in triplicate at the moment. Cut me in OR under general for yesterday’s round. Fully 12 more need to go and look like same.Still suspicious of mets to the epidermis, especially throwing out insitu’s in triplicate ,except for the fact I’m still alive. New oncologist coming on board in next couple weeks. Never seen so much popping up overnight as what’s going on now. Even for me it’s kinda crazy.Anyway, had a lull for a couple year’s before ramping back up. Who know’s? Will continue on…not as pretty as I once was. Heh heh.
      Thankfully this forum still here, but kinda slow anymore yeah?!

Aloha ,

Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          Yikes Bob. Four more. Your body is a marvel. I’ve had a lot of moles removed over the years but only one melanoma. Sorry to have so many places to recover from.
          Bubbles
          Participant
            Oh, Bob! Sorry! You and Janner – a beloved and valued member of this forum for many years – until – well…you may remember – ran her off – are quite the pair. I believe her count got up to 20, though I could be wrong. Hoping this is just a fluke and not a trend for you! (Do you really have twelve more to deal with??? I hope not!!!) Wishing you rapid and easy healing! And you are BEAUTIFUL!!! Hang in there. Les
            SOLE
            Participant
              Yes this forum has changed…

I’m coming to seven years NED if all checks out next september and I’m sending you my best wishes Bobman. I remember vividly reading your story seven years ago. My melanoma was acral and likely stage 2b/c. I’ve also had a few preventive removals over the few years but never as much.

That said, I will remain hopeful that this will be the last for you hoping the hawaian sun treats you well.

Best,

Marc

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics