The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

12 year and 9 year anniversary -my two primary melanomas

Forums General Melanoma Community 12 year and 9 year anniversary -my two primary melanomas

Participant

When I was first diagnosed with melanoma (stage 3a) 12 years ago, when my 22 year old daughter was 10, I remember scanning this wonderful support forum for hopeful messages.  I thought it useful to remind people that many of us stop visiting this website as time goes on.  I had my second melanoma (caught early because I continue to be monitored )9 years ago.  I am not complacent as the future for all of us is unpredictable, yet it is important especially for newbies to know there are many like me out in the world. 

Jackie

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        5dives
        Participant

Jackie, 

I've recently been diagnosed 3a, and your message was really helpful. Thanks for checking in to let us know things are not always grim. Glad to hear you are doing well. 

Best,

Elaine

5dives
          Participant

Jackie, 

I've recently been diagnosed 3a, and your message was really helpful. Thanks for checking in to let us know things are not always grim. Glad to hear you are doing well. 

Best,

Elaine

Happy_girl
              Participant

Jackie~

through a somewhat wild ride, I was also recently diagnosed stafe 3a when my daughter was 6 weeks old.  Well- actually 1b when she was 6 weeks old, and then through a series of events 3a when she was 6 months old.  I appreciate you posting and helping easy the frequent feelings of fear.  I'm hoping it does get easier with time.  I'm actually dealing with laryngitis right now.  First illness since my diagnosis and I find myself thinking every ache and pain is melanoma.

so all of that to say thank you so much for sharing and I hope you and your family continue to have blessed thanksgivings!

gaby
                Participant
                  Hi Jackie, my husband is the 3rd stage since July 2012. My husband opted to do the 2 years of pegylated interferon. They were two very difficult years, with SCAN every 6 months … three weeks ago the treatment ended and tomorrow will have the result of the scan, we are very nervous ..

regards
                  Gaby
                  gaby
                  Participant
                    Hi Jackie, my husband is the 3rd stage since July 2012. My husband opted to do the 2 years of pegylated interferon. They were two very difficult years, with SCAN every 6 months … three weeks ago the treatment ended and tomorrow will have the result of the scan, we are very nervous ..

regards
                    Gaby
                    gaby
                    Participant

regards
                      Gaby
                      rick1981
                      Participant

Hi Jackie,

My wife was diagnosed with Melanoma in January, during her pregnancy. She was operated on with the primary (on her back) removed and "clear" lymphs and a "clean" analysis of the excised skin.

However, 2 days after she gave birth to our daughter, she was diagnosed with Stage IV. She's on the combo now, feeling pretty OK and enjoying time with our daughter. So far the results have been pretty OK so we're staying positive and hope for a little wonder ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Wishing you lots of strenght & luck!

Rick

rick1981
                        Participant

Hi Jackie,

My wife was diagnosed with Melanoma in January, during her pregnancy. She was operated on with the primary (on her back) removed and "clear" lymphs and a "clean" analysis of the excised skin.

However, 2 days after she gave birth to our daughter, she was diagnosed with Stage IV. She's on the combo now, feeling pretty OK and enjoying time with our daughter. So far the results have been pretty OK so we're staying positive and hope for a little wonder ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Rick

rick1981
                          Participant

Hi Jackie,

Rick

Happy_girl
                            Participant

Jackie~

through a somewhat wild ride, I was also recently diagnosed stafe 3a when my daughter was 6 weeks old.  Well- actually 1b when she was 6 weeks old, and then through a series of events 3a when she was 6 months old.  I appreciate you posting and helping easy the frequent feelings of fear.  I'm hoping it does get easier with time.  I'm actually dealing with laryngitis right now.  First illness since my diagnosis and I find myself thinking every ache and pain is melanoma.

so all of that to say thank you so much for sharing and I hope you and your family continue to have blessed thanksgivings!

Happy_girl
                              Participant

Jackie~

5dives
                              Participant

Jackie, 

Best,

Elaine

5dives
                                Participant

Jackie, 

Best,

Elaine

5dives
                                  Participant

Jackie, 

Best,

Elaine

5dives
                                    Participant

Jackie, 

Best,

Elaine

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics