The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

12 weeks on Pembro and fantastic scan results!

Forums General Melanoma Community 12 weeks on Pembro and fantastic scan results!

Participant

Dear all,

I just want to share some good news with you and give some hope to others.

My husband is in EAP Pembrolizumab (Europe) and just had his 12 week scans. The result is more than we hoped, everything (2 lymph mets in Abdomen and two huge tumor as well as smaller ones in neck/face) is almost gone. The scan report is written very technically, even the conclusion, but the doctors assured us that only one area is still visible, could be tumor rest or scar caused by neck dissection.

He is doing really well and has no side effects. The first weeks though he was not feeling good. He had a huge swelling in tumor areas, bad pain, could not sleep…he was on strong pain meds for about 4 weeks. It slowly improved and is gone since week 6 or 7. We could also see the tumors shrinking. This was the first time I was happy that they were visible. Even his facial nerve is slowly recovering.

It seems that Pembro / Keytruda is his magic potion and I hope it will be for many others.

All the best, Jenny

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        tschmith
        Participant

Jenny, 

That's wonderful and positive news!  Congratulations!

I just had my sixth Keytruda infusion and am also having positive results!

Here's to Keytruda!

Best Wishes,

Terrie

tschmith
          Participant

Jenny, 

Here's to Keytruda!

Best Wishes,

Terrie

tschmith
            Participant

Jenny, 

Here's to Keytruda!

Best Wishes,

Terrie

Owl
                Participant

Thanks Terrie, so good to hear that you are also having such good results. Jenny

Owl
                  Participant

Thanks Terrie, so good to hear that you are also having such good results. Jenny

Owl
                    Participant

Owl
                      Participant

Owl
                        Participant

Owl
                          Participant

jbronicki
                          Participant

Wonderful news, great to hear this type of success!

jbronicki
                            Participant

jbronicki
                              Participant

DZnDef
                                Participant

Congratulations, Jenny!  I LOVE hearing news like this!  Very encouraging.

Best – Maggie

DZnDef
                                  Participant

Best – Maggie

DZnDef
                                    Participant

Best – Maggie

arthurjedi007
                                      Participant

Wow. That is fantastic for your husband and you.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                        Participant

Artie

Owl
                                            Participant

Thanks Artie, I cross my fingers next week for you!

All the best, Jenny

Owl
                                              Participant

All the best, Jenny

Owl
                                                Participant

All the best, Jenny

arthurjedi007
                                                Participant

Artie

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics