The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

12 weeks have come and gone…had my last doses on Wednesday in the 12 week trial

Forums General Melanoma Community 12 weeks have come and gone…had my last doses on Wednesday in the 12 week trial

Participant

12 weeks have come and gone…had my last doses on Wednesday in the 12 week trial titled "

12 weeks have come and gone…had my last doses on Wednesday in the 12 week trial titled "

Phase I Study of Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 and Vaccine Therapy Comprising gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in Patients With Resected Stage IV Melanoma". Had to have a couple days of thyroid scans…and as the radiology doc says.."Ms Lynn it appears yout thyroid has conked out and we need to find out why!" My onc says it's expected and actually a good sign the immunotherapy is working since my T 4 is elevated…I don't have any of the good side effects like losing weight and having energy etc etc…I am butt dragging tired! My onc does want me to see the endocrine doc tho…next week I have my CT/MRI scans ( eeeek!!!) to follow up with the trial and see where I am at and another apheresis…hoping to still be NED and will continue to do this trial another 12 weeks….Dr Weber says for now he doesn't want to change a thing as I am doing extremely well

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Lynn,

Good luck on your scans next week or this week now, I guess.  Hopefully, some thyroid replacement meds will give you some energy.

I know many are interested in this Phase I trial so we can all benefit from your experience.

We share the same medical oncologist!

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
          Participant

Lynn,

Good luck on your scans next week or this week now, I guess.  Hopefully, some thyroid replacement meds will give you some energy.

I know many are interested in this Phase I trial so we can all benefit from your experience.

We share the same medical oncologist!

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

beckyherg
              This actually answered my problem, thanks!
              Smoothie Recipes Collect Healthy diets to lose weight fast viperous
              beckyherg
                beckyherg
              Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics