The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

12 Month NED, living in a very small bubble

Forums General Melanoma Community 12 Month NED, living in a very small bubble

Participant
      Greeting Peeps.   Its been a while since I have been on the forum board.  I had my full team workup in the first week of December.  Brain MRI, PET-CT scan, bloodwork, Dermatologist exam, Oncology Surgeon Exam.  Then I went to my bush cabin 100 miles off the grid and did a telemedicine conference (I have great internet, but have my own solar and alternative power).  GOOD news is that everything is great, and I am 12 months NED.   Have the same rodeo in 6 months.   I have been living in my cabin in the Alaska bush since December 7 due to my high risk for COVID.  I came in to Anchorage to get a Pefizer vaccine shot on January 22, then my wife and I went to Costa Rica for 17 days, came back to Anchorage, got my second vaccine shot and was in my airplane to come back here within the hour.

I am very lucky to have my treatment go so well.  One day at a time though, but I feel reinvigorated.  My wife says she has her husband back.   We had a wonderful time in CR.

Today I heard that my wife’s cousin has a recent diagnosis of nodular Melenoma.    I have reached out, and hope to give her some support, and point her to this board which was so helpful during my journey from melanoma discovery to NED status.

To all still fighting the battle, keep your head up and beat that ugly Mel.

Peace

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        soonerjenn14
        Participant
          Hi MikeInAk,

Wonderful news! I am so happy for you! I am still in the fight, but stories like yours give me hope! Enjoy your time in your small bubble and don’t forget to enjoy every moment!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenn

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics