The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

12 days in hospital and counting

Forums General Melanoma Community 12 days in hospital and counting

Participant
      Ok, lots of narcotics involved just typed for 15 min and managed not to post a word! Mel moved to bones 2-3 months ago. 3 fractures, both upper arms, right groin, just from bone thinning.LOTS is pain. hit the wall about 12 days ago. Doc put me in hospital. New bone scan 4 weeks into Zelboraf showed lots of new tumors in ribs, so stopped that. Did a 3 drug chemo mix for a quick knockdown, hopefully. Can’t name them, doc said they came up with it at MD Anderson. Waiting for insurance to approve moving to rehab to get me on my feet and home. Then, Temodar? Can’t remember for sure.

Ok, lots of narcotics involved just typed for 15 min and managed not to post a word! Mel moved to bones 2-3 months ago. 3 fractures, both upper arms, right groin, just from bone thinning.LOTS is pain. hit the wall about 12 days ago. Doc put me in hospital. New bone scan 4 weeks into Zelboraf showed lots of new tumors in ribs, so stopped that. Did a 3 drug chemo mix for a quick knockdown, hopefully. Can’t name them, doc said they came up with it at MD Anderson. Waiting for insurance to approve moving to rehab to get me on my feet and home. Then, Temodar? Can’t remember for sure. Don’t know if I will be back to work in 2 weeks, 2 months, or ever! How so we deal with all of this?

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        mama1960
        Participant
          Sorry, it’s Yervoy we are going to do. Any advise?
          mama1960
          Participant
            mama1960
            Participant
              mama1960
              Participant
                mama1960
                Participant
                  mama1960
                  Participant
                    Tina D
                    Participant

So sorry you are having to endure all of this. I do hope they are able to control the pain well for you while you are waiting and beginning Yervoy treatment. I had little in the way of side effects while on it, much easier on me than the zelboraf was. How soon before you get to start? Can you get it close to home? 12 days is a brutally long time to be in the hospital, but when you  are in pain like you are, I am sure you are glad to have it, and the narcotics, available. I just wish you were not needing it!

Take Care and let us know how things go with getting started on the Yervoy. I hope this happens very soon for you. Again, just so sorry you are having such an incredibly hard time right now,

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

So sorry you are having to endure all of this. I do hope they are able to control the pain well for you while you are waiting and beginning Yervoy treatment. I had little in the way of side effects while on it, much easier on me than the zelboraf was. How soon before you get to start? Can you get it close to home? 12 days is a brutally long time to be in the hospital, but when you  are in pain like you are, I am sure you are glad to have it, and the narcotics, available. I just wish you were not needing it!

Take Care and let us know how things go with getting started on the Yervoy. I hope this happens very soon for you. Again, just so sorry you are having such an incredibly hard time right now,

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Tina

awillett1991
                          Participant
                            No advise – just wanted to say I’m so sorry you are going thru all this and suffering so much!! Hang in there and keep fighting!!

Amy

awillett1991
                            Participant
                              No advise – just wanted to say I’m so sorry you are going thru all this and suffering so much!! Hang in there and keep fighting!!

Amy

awillett1991
                              Participant

Amy

vivian
                                Participant

I am thinking of you as well and sending healing vibes your way.  So hope the yervoy does the trick!

Lear

vivian
                                  Participant

I am thinking of you as well and sending healing vibes your way.  So hope the yervoy does the trick!

Lear

vivian
                                    Participant

Lear

mama1960
                                      Participant
                                        Probably about four weeks to Yervoy, and yes, we can do it from home. Things looking better this morning!
                                        mama1960
                                        Participant
                                          Probably about four weeks to Yervoy, and yes, we can do it from home. Things looking better this morning!
                                          mama1960
                                          Participant
                                            Tina D
                                            Participant

I am glad things are looking up today ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina D
                                              Participant

Tina D
                                                Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics