The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

10 years today – a note of thanks

Forums General Melanoma Community 10 years today – a note of thanks

Participant

10 years ago – I was diagnosed with stage 1 melanoma, and dysplastic nevus syndrome.  10 years ago, I found MPIP and it's wonderful community of people.  I spent a great deal of time here, learing about the beast – and getting to understand what it meant to me. 

Today is my 10th year with NED status.  Stage 1A

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone here – who made it just a little easier to cope

Have a good one

Bill

10 years ago – I was diagnosed with stage 1 melanoma, and dysplastic nevus syndrome.  10 years ago, I found MPIP and it's wonderful community of people.  I spent a great deal of time here, learing about the beast – and getting to understand what it meant to me. 

Today is my 10th year with NED status.  Stage 1A

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone here – who made it just a little easier to cope

Have a good one

Bill

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        rtsmichele
        Participant

Happpy Anniversary, Bill.  Good to see you post.

Michele  🙂

rtsmichele
          Participant

Happpy Anniversary, Bill.  Good to see you post.

Michele  🙂

Janner
            Participant

We're setting off fireworks in your honor today, Bill!!!  yescool

Glad to see you posting.  Congrats on 10 years NED!  And keep on trying to catch up to me!!!

Janner

Janner
              Participant

We're setting off fireworks in your honor today, Bill!!!  yescool

Glad to see you posting.  Congrats on 10 years NED!  And keep on trying to catch up to me!!!

Janner

cfw9186
                Participant

What a blessing and gift, congratulations on your anniversary.

cfw9186
                  Participant

What a blessing and gift, congratulations on your anniversary.

Lauri England
                    Participant

Very happy anniversary.  I really like to hear positive things.  Happy 4th of July!

Lauri England
                      Participant

Very happy anniversary.  I really like to hear positive things.  Happy 4th of July!

dian in spokane
                        Participant

good to see you post Bill! Congrats on ten years, and thanks for posting about it. I worry sometimes about the early stage patients who find this site, which is so full of people who progressed on to stage 3 or 4. It's a good reminder for those folks that there are so many people out there who have gone on for decades after their initial diagnosis.

Congrats!

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
                          Participant

good to see you post Bill! Congrats on ten years, and thanks for posting about it. I worry sometimes about the early stage patients who find this site, which is so full of people who progressed on to stage 3 or 4. It's a good reminder for those folks that there are so many people out there who have gone on for decades after their initial diagnosis.

Congrats!

dian in spokane

Carol Taylor
                            Participant

Happy Anniversary Bill! Ten years is tremendous!

Lord, thank You!. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                              Participant

Happy Anniversary Bill! Ten years is tremendous!

Lord, thank You!. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

ValinMtl
                                Participant

Congratulations to a fellow Montrealer…One day, I hope to get to NED and celebrate as you are.  Also, one day, I'm hoping to work with CanSupport to provide a melanoma support system for those in Montreal not unlike the ones they have for breast cancer.  Val, stage IV…xx (kiss on both cheeks)

ValinMtl
                                  Participant

Congratulations to a fellow Montrealer…One day, I hope to get to NED and celebrate as you are.  Also, one day, I'm hoping to work with CanSupport to provide a melanoma support system for those in Montreal not unlike the ones they have for breast cancer.  Val, stage IV…xx (kiss on both cheeks)

BarbieGirl
                                    Participant

Hey Bill… Happy 10th Nediversary!!!  Congrats!  I'll be looking for your update on your 20th anniversary with NED!   *hugz*

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                                      Participant

Hey Bill… Happy 10th Nediversary!!!  Congrats!  I'll be looking for your update on your 20th anniversary with NED!   *hugz*

~Lisa~

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics