The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1 Year NED Stage IV

Forums General Melanoma Community 1 Year NED Stage IV

Participant

I'm so happy but still so stressed. Tomorrow I will feel better. The crazy part is, it's not me it's my husband but I seem to be more stressed than him.

I wanted to share the good news. Keep fighting. Bob is Stage IV since April 2008 lung mets, IL-2  what appeared to be a complete response but intestinal mets showed up  a year after the lung mets. Surgery for the intestinal mets. NED now since July 2009. Thank you God! Thank you NIH.

Rebecca

I'm so happy but still so stressed. Tomorrow I will feel better. The crazy part is, it's not me it's my husband but I seem to be more stressed than him.

I wanted to share the good news. Keep fighting. Bob is Stage IV since April 2008 lung mets, IL-2  what appeared to be a complete response but intestinal mets showed up  a year after the lung mets. Surgery for the intestinal mets. NED now since July 2009. Thank you God! Thank you NIH.

Rebecca

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        JenM
        Participant

Hi Rebecca,

So happy to  hear your good news.  Can't wait to say that for myself.   I have yet to be NED with this disease but I will be!!!  NIH is probably going to be my next stop if the current treatment does not improve things.

But back to you guys…wonderful, wonderful!  Give yourself a day to come down from all the anxiety and then please go out and celebrate just the two of you!

Regards,

Jen

lhaley
          Participant

What wonderful news!! 

Sometimes after a few anxiety filled days it's hard to settle down and believe the great results.  Tomorrow you will wake up with a smile on your face.  So happy for your family.

Linda

akls
            Participant

So happy to hear this wonderful news!  Celebrate!

Amy S. in Michigan

Sharon in Reno
                Participant

yippie-skippie, doing th happy dancecheeky…..1 yr is fantastic….enjoy…love ya, Sharon in Reno Stage IV

Carver
                Participant

That is wonderful news. I am very happy to read this.

JuleFL
                  Participant
                    Great news! So happy for you!
                Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics