The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on my visit to Carbone Cancer Center

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on my visit to Carbone Cancer Center

Participant

First of all I like the doctor, he is much more informed about Melanoma but he did tell me that he doesn't think the Yervoy worked for me since I have 4 new growths on my arm, he is ordering a cat scan and a MRI for the 26th, said a pet scan does not look at the brain. Also said he would have done the same thing as the other oncologist did, put me on high strength prendisone since my stay in the hospital was one of the bad side effects. I chose to stay with this doctor in Madison. He did mention maybe chemo or PD 1 if the yervoy did not work.

First of all I like the doctor, he is much more informed about Melanoma but he did tell me that he doesn't think the Yervoy worked for me since I have 4 new growths on my arm, he is ordering a cat scan and a MRI for the 26th, said a pet scan does not look at the brain. Also said he would have done the same thing as the other oncologist did, put me on high strength prendisone since my stay in the hospital was one of the bad side effects. I chose to stay with this doctor in Madison. He did mention maybe chemo or PD 1 if the yervoy did not work. I did read where sometimes the tumors grow while on this drug but he did not seem to think so, he will be consulting with Dr Albertini on Thursday. I came out of there pretty down in the dumps but I have to pick myself up and fight this cancer with everythin they can give me. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

I'm sorry that your trip to Carbone put you down in the dumps. Maybe after your doc consults with Dr Albertini, he might have better news for you regarding the Yervoy treatment you had.

Linny
          Participant

I'm sorry that your trip to Carbone put you down in the dumps. Maybe after your doc consults with Dr Albertini, he might have better news for you regarding the Yervoy treatment you had.

Linny
            Participant

boot2aboot
              Participant

sounds like you are in good hands…good move…yes, this disease is usually….dissapointing

boots

yoopergirl
                  Participant

The ipi has made my eyes inflamed and that  I guess is one of the side effects, only 10% get this, well today I saw the eye doctor and he made it very clear that I should not have any more treatments since my eyes are still bad, now I have more prednisone drops to put in and dilating drops. this disease goes where it wants and has an effect on any body with the treatment. 

yoopergirl
                    Participant

The ipi has made my eyes inflamed and that  I guess is one of the side effects, only 10% get this, well today I saw the eye doctor and he made it very clear that I should not have any more treatments since my eyes are still bad, now I have more prednisone drops to put in and dilating drops. this disease goes where it wants and has an effect on any body with the treatment. 

yoopergirl
                      Participant

boot2aboot
                      Participant

sounds like you are in good hands…good move…yes, this disease is usually….dissapointing

boots

boot2aboot
                        Participant

boots

Maxximom
                          Participant

Hi Yoopergirl.. I replied to you last night and before I could hit the reply button.. the post dissapeared..so here I go again. I am glad that you liked the doctor in Madison and so sorry that the news left you so depressed/You and he have no way as yet to know if the Ippi worked or not..so try and look at things on the bright side..easier to say than do.. I know. I am sorry that you are still haVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR EYES.. i HOPE THAT THINGS WILL RESOLVE SOON FOR YOU. i AM GOING TO POST ABOUT MY TROUBLES WITH iPPI SIDE EFFECTS (SEVERE dIARRHEAS) IN A NEW THREAD. i HOPE THAT YOU FEEL BETTER SOON..YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS.pRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.(opps..just saw caps were on..sorry)

jOAN

Maxximom
                            Participant

Hi Yoopergirl.. I replied to you last night and before I could hit the reply button.. the post dissapeared..so here I go again. I am glad that you liked the doctor in Madison and so sorry that the news left you so depressed/You and he have no way as yet to know if the Ippi worked or not..so try and look at things on the bright side..easier to say than do.. I know. I am sorry that you are still haVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR EYES.. i HOPE THAT THINGS WILL RESOLVE SOON FOR YOU. i AM GOING TO POST ABOUT MY TROUBLES WITH iPPI SIDE EFFECTS (SEVERE dIARRHEAS) IN A NEW THREAD. i HOPE THAT YOU FEEL BETTER SOON..YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS.pRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.(opps..just saw caps were on..sorry)

jOAN

Maxximom
                              Participant

jOAN

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics