The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

PET scan later today

Forums General Melanoma Community PET scan later today

Participant
      Hi family, well, today is tje big day for my dreadful PET, AS You all know, i have severe claustrophobia and backed out my last one scheduled 2 weeks ago, but, the stakes are high cuz my surgeon will not do my much needed surgery to my tumor on my stomache so, i kinda have to besides “kinda have to” in the 1st place, i have my Ativans ready, im thinkin takin 3 for it, 2 when i leave 1 when i get there to top it off….outta the WHOLE 9 yards of Melanoma, MRI’s and PETs are the worst, CTs are no problem….please pray i make it through…love ya guys..
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        KAP715
        Participant
          Praying for you. For me it’s the MRI’s that are the worst…hate that jack hammer noise they make. Good luck to you hope everything turns out well!
          BethL
          Participant
            Mike- YOU GOT THIS!!! It will be over before you know it! Sending you the very best wishes.
            be well- bethL
            Bubbles
            Participant
              You can do it!!! I always preferred PET’s to CT’s and MRI’s cause I got to be warm instead of freezing. We all got our thang! But you’ve got this! celeste
              mandyjill
              Participant
                You’ve got this Mike! Let us know when you are done and then let us know how the results come out.
                jbronicki
                Participant
                  Hey Mike, I’m late to reply so I’m hoping it’s done and in your back pocket now! We are all cheering you on no matter what.
              Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics