The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another angel looks down upon us (from JanBsis)

Forums General Melanoma Community Another angel looks down upon us (from JanBsis)

Participant

For 7 years, my sis, Jan Brockelman (JanB) fought a very courageous battle with dignity and persistence.  She lost that battle last night. Jan was an amazing wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend with a smile that could light up a room.   Jan wanted me to thank each and every one of you for your support, knowledge and guidance through this process.  This board was very special to her and to me.

For 7 years, my sis, Jan Brockelman (JanB) fought a very courageous battle with dignity and persistence.  She lost that battle last night. Jan was an amazing wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend with a smile that could light up a room.   Jan wanted me to thank each and every one of you for your support, knowledge and guidance through this process.  This board was very special to her and to me.

Keep fighting, learning & laughing. Jan wouldn't want it any other way!

JanBsis

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Jeanne,

I offer my sincere sympathy to you, other family members and friends of JanB.  A 7 year battle….what a warrior!

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

LizzM
          Participant

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister. I hope your treasured memories will bring you peace.

~~Liz

Rebecca and Bob
            Participant

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. We hoped when we met you that something great would turn this around for your sister at NIH.

I hate this disease and pray for a cure.

Tim–MRF

I am so sorry to hear this news, and very much appreciate your taking the time to inform us so quickly.  I know it can't be easy to write about it, particularly while the loss is still so fresh. 

Please know that many, many people will hold your family in their thoughts and prayers over the next few days.

Tim–MRF

Fen
                Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please give my sympathy to her friends and family.

lhaley
                  Participant

I am so sorry for your families loss. Jan is at peace and with no pain.

Linda

Laurie from maine
                    Participant

I am so sorry.  I have 3 sisters and they mean the world to me.  I am so sorry for her and for you, I am sure she appreciated every moment you were with her.

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

laurie

KellieSue
                        Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kellie(from Iowa)

Nancy
                          Participant

Sisters are very special people …Sisters will always be sisters..   God Bless,

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Jeanne, I am so sorry to hear this news.  I enjoyed meeting you and your sister, just wish it could have been under different circumstances.  She fought so long and hard with you at her side and you mean so  much to her.  Her entire family including her husband and children as well as you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bonnie Lea
                            Participant

I am so sorry to hear of this news, and really appreiciate you telling us this quickly.  It is so very hard to lose a sibling! She fought a long and hard battle and now is very much at peace.

condolences to you and your whole family and the many friends.

Bonnie Lea

Vermont_Donna
                                Participant

Such sad news and to think she was thinking of us, asking you to thank us at the board…..oh my, I am so humbled. So sorry for your loss.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3

Lori C
                                Participant

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.  She sounds remarkable, and may her memory be for a blessing.

Amy Busby
                                  Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news.  I never got to meet Jan, but read her posts for many years.  I too have fought this battle for 7 years.  We often feel such compassion & identification with our friends that we learn about here, that someone's passing is a terrible personal loss.  She was so kind and friendly to those she responded to.  I wish I had known her more but was always pleased to see her name pop up on the board.  My prayers will be with you and your family.

Love,

Amy

Janet2
                                    Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister and would like to send my condolences to you and your family.

Janet

Sharon in Reno
                                        Participant

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. My sister has been with me throughout  my battle and I've asked her to post here when I become everyone Warrior Angel. Myt deepest sympathy to you and all who loved her. love, Sharon in Reno, Stage IV

JuleFL
                                        Participant

Jeanne, I am so sorry for your loss.  I know you did everything you could to help her.  Praying for you and her family.

Jule (wife of Cal)

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics