The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Small new Met shows up 10 days post infusion new area

Forums General Melanoma Community Small new Met shows up 10 days post infusion new area

Participant

Hello! So my mom went to the Drs today.. they decided no infusion based on the rash.. the rash is pretty severe.. they all looked a little shocked.. purple like bumps all over legs and back and some on arms. Also revealing itself was a small purple hard like mass on the arm pimpke sized (her original site is leg). Has anyone heard of these little mets showing up with therapy? They said for now  no biopsy they will just monitor. Was not expecting that part.

Thanks!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lee Parlier
        Participant

Are the purple bumps under the skin?

Lee Parlier
          Participant

Lee Parlier
            Participant

jade1111
                Participant

the rash is purplish/red in color and the pimple/purple like mass is under the skin

jade1111
                  Participant

the rash is purplish/red in color and the pimple/purple like mass is under the skin

jade1111
                    Participant

Patrisa
                    Participant

Sounds like pruritus to me…

jade1111
                        Participant

Hmm Dr think the small hard purple lump is a melanoma coming to surface.. the rash is different but happening at same time

jade1111
                          Participant

Hmm Dr think the small hard purple lump is a melanoma coming to surface.. the rash is different but happening at same time

jade1111
                            Participant

Patrisa
                            Participant

Patrisa
                              Participant

ed williams
                                Participant

Hi Jade1111, remember that it is early days and not many people have been treated with the combination of Pembro and the Ido inhibitor epacadostat. New side effects can show up that you don't see in just Pembro. I have a link for you to an article from the first phase study. Best Wishes!!!Ed  http://www.cancernetwork.com/smr-2015/epacadostat-pembrolizumab-combo-shows-activity-advanced-melanoma

jade1111
                                    Participant

Thanks Ed!!! I will check it out!

jade1111
                                      Participant

jade1111
                                        Participant

ed williams
                                        Participant

Hi Jade1111, remember that it is early days and not many people have been treated with the combination of Pembro and the Ido inhibitor epacadostat. New side effects can show up that you don't see in just Pembro. I have a link for you to an article from the first phase study. Best Wishes!!!Ed  http://www.cancernetwork.com/smr-2015/epacadostat-pembrolizumab-combo-shows-activity-advanced-melanoma

ed williams
                                          Participant

Lee Parlier
                                            Participant

I will tell you my experience but this is strictly mine. I had numerous pencil eraser shaped things coming to the surface as well as what looked like ingrown hairs under the skin. I had numerous biopsies and the ingrown hair like things were melanoma in transit. They were called sattelite tumors. The round things were not melanoma but the bodies reaction to yervoy. They were all purplish. Most of mine have disappeared but not all. Every sattelite tumor is gone (the melanoma in transit) but I still have a few of the pencil eraser shaped nodules.

I want to stress though that this was what I had and what my biopsies showed. 

"Patients may have a transient worsening of disease, manifested either by progression of known lesions or the appearance of new lesions, before disease stabilizes or tumor regresses. Therefore caution should be taken in abandoning therapy early. In general these delayed responses are not observed in patients with rapidly progressive, symptomatic disease."

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/immunotherapy-of-advanced-melanoma-with-immune-checkpoint-inhibition

Lee Parlier
                                              Participant

I will tell you my experience but this is strictly mine. I had numerous pencil eraser shaped things coming to the surface as well as what looked like ingrown hairs under the skin. I had numerous biopsies and the ingrown hair like things were melanoma in transit. They were called sattelite tumors. The round things were not melanoma but the bodies reaction to yervoy. They were all purplish. Most of mine have disappeared but not all. Every sattelite tumor is gone (the melanoma in transit) but I still have a few of the pencil eraser shaped nodules.

"Patients may have a transient worsening of disease, manifested either by progression of known lesions or the appearance of new lesions, before disease stabilizes or tumor regresses. Therefore caution should be taken in abandoning therapy early. In general these delayed responses are not observed in patients with rapidly progressive, symptomatic disease."

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/immunotherapy-of-advanced-melanoma-with-immune-checkpoint-inhibition

jade1111
                                                  Participant

Thanks so much for sharinng your experience Lee as well as the link. It is very much appreciated. We were a little puzzled yesterday when they mentioned melanoma on surface again as we had so much been focusing on the internal.. if that makes sense.

Best to you! Thanks again!

jade1111
                                                    Participant

Thanks so much for sharinng your experience Lee as well as the link. It is very much appreciated. We were a little puzzled yesterday when they mentioned melanoma on surface again as we had so much been focusing on the internal.. if that makes sense.

Lee Parlier
                                                      Participant

I was as puzzled as you. I researched a month to figure out what it was. Someone on this site gave me that link. It makes perfect sense. They basically told me the same thing, no biopsy, just watch. I went and got several biopsies anyway. I really thought my regular oncologist should have known what they were. I will now rely on a melanoma Dr. 

The underlined bold sentence caught my eye.

Lee Parlier
                                                        Participant

I was as puzzled as you. I researched a month to figure out what it was. Someone on this site gave me that link. It makes perfect sense. They basically told me the same thing, no biopsy, just watch. I went and got several biopsies anyway. I really thought my regular oncologist should have known what they were. I will now rely on a melanoma Dr. 

Lee Parlier
                                                          Participant

jade1111
                                                            Participant

Lee Parlier
                                                            Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics