The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelbroff not doing it

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelbroff not doing it

Participant
      Bone scan a month ago showed mets in bone. Started Zelbroff. Have had fractures in both arms and right groin. Doc says cancer is too far ahead to count on Zel. Had another bone scan Tuesday, lots more mets. Going on five days of intense chemo here in the hospital starting tomorrow. Drugs are Velban, DTIC, and Platinol. Says it was created at MD Anderson. Anyone with experience?

Bone scan a month ago showed mets in bone. Started Zelbroff. Have had fractures in both arms and right groin. Doc says cancer is too far ahead to count on Zel. Had another bone scan Tuesday, lots more mets. Going on five days of intense chemo here in the hospital starting tomorrow. Drugs are Velban, DTIC, and Platinol. Says it was created at MD Anderson. Anyone with experience?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Gosh, Mama! I'm so sorry that the Zelboraf didn't work for you! I have not personally heard about this drug combo, but if you are being treated at MD Anderson, I know that you are getting really excellent care. You have been fighting hard and well. I will pray that THIS is the treatment that works for you! Stay positive and keep us posted as to how you are doing.

POW
          Participant

Gosh, Mama! I'm so sorry that the Zelboraf didn't work for you! I have not personally heard about this drug combo, but if you are being treated at MD Anderson, I know that you are getting really excellent care. You have been fighting hard and well. I will pray that THIS is the treatment that works for you! Stay positive and keep us posted as to how you are doing.

POW
            Participant

Tina D
              Participant

I am sorry for this discouraging setback, hopefully the chemo can help get you ahead of the pragression and give other things time to work. As was said…hard to get better than MD Anderson, so I am glad you are in a place to get top-notch treatment! 

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

I am sorry for this discouraging setback, hopefully the chemo can help get you ahead of the pragression and give other things time to work. As was said…hard to get better than MD Anderson, so I am glad you are in a place to get top-notch treatment! 

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics