The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf Automobile window tint

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf Automobile window tint

Participant

I'm a little embarassed posting this when so many of us are dealing with incredible challenges. I'm stage IV, on Zelboraf for about 5 weeks now. just beginning to move back toward full doses after cutting back to half dose about 3 weeks ago due to a massive skin rash and bumps. My mel is in my lungs and since I've begun Zel I can tell the "masses and nodules" are significantly smaller. scans schedule for 2 weeks from now.

I'm a little embarassed posting this when so many of us are dealing with incredible challenges. I'm stage IV, on Zelboraf for about 5 weeks now. just beginning to move back toward full doses after cutting back to half dose about 3 weeks ago due to a massive skin rash and bumps. My mel is in my lungs and since I've begun Zel I can tell the "masses and nodules" are significantly smaller. scans schedule for 2 weeks from now.

I have a full size truck and we travel to and from Seattle about once a month. it's generally a 4 hour drive. last time i got a mild sunburn on my neck from sun coming thru the drivers window even with SPF 50 sunscreeen. Has anyone gone to a tinted drivers window and how dark does the tinting have to be? Oregon has a law that requires that the window be no darker than 65% of total light transfer. thank you

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant

I've been on Zelboraf for some time now.  Last year I had the windows of my truck tinted to the maximum allowed by law (Connecticut).  I have to say, it made a difference and was well worth it.

Dick

Richard_K
          Participant

I've been on Zelboraf for some time now.  Last year I had the windows of my truck tinted to the maximum allowed by law (Connecticut).  I have to say, it made a difference and was well worth it.

Dick

Richard_K
            Participant

Dick

Donna M.
              Participant

I had my car windows tinted too.  I'm not on Zelboraf, but I spend a lot of time in my car and wanted to make sure I was protected.  There are tints now that offer about 99% percent protection that are clear.  So if you don't want darkened windows, you don't have to have them. 

Donna M.
                Participant

I had my car windows tinted too.  I'm not on Zelboraf, but I spend a lot of time in my car and wanted to make sure I was protected.  There are tints now that offer about 99% percent protection that are clear.  So if you don't want darkened windows, you don't have to have them. 

Donna M.
                  Participant

Fen
                    Participant

We live in Illinois and my husband wanted our windows as dark as possible.  He checked with the State Police who told him a letter from my onc would allow us to go beyond the legal limit.  We have our windows very dark and now carry a copy of the letter in the glove compartment.    I love it as we travel some and the sun is always on my side.  Might be different in each state.

lhaley
                        Participant

What is it like in dusk?  My husband has a difficult time driving at night and I do not drive much anymore.

Linda

lhaley
                          Participant

What is it like in dusk?  My husband has a difficult time driving at night and I do not drive much anymore.

Linda

lhaley
                            Participant

Linda

Fen
                              Participant

I don't think it's bad.  I can see out fine and my husband doesn't complain either….well, not about that anyway.

Fen
                                Participant

I don't think it's bad.  I can see out fine and my husband doesn't complain either….well, not about that anyway.

Fen
                                  Participant

Richard_K
                                    Participant
                                      Because no change is made to the windshield, I find it’s only a concern when I’m pulling out of a side street. Then I think there is some reduced visibility that requires some extra precaution. It usually depends on shadows and the speed of oncoming traffic. All that considered, I would not want to revert to not having the extra tint.
                                      Dick
                                      Richard_K
                                      Participant
                                        Because no change is made to the windshield, I find it’s only a concern when I’m pulling out of a side street. Then I think there is some reduced visibility that requires some extra precaution. It usually depends on shadows and the speed of oncoming traffic. All that considered, I would not want to revert to not having the extra tint.
                                        Dick
                                        Richard_K
                                        Participant
                                          Dick
                                        Fen
                                        Participant

We live in Illinois and my husband wanted our windows as dark as possible.  He checked with the State Police who told him a letter from my onc would allow us to go beyond the legal limit.  We have our windows very dark and now carry a copy of the letter in the glove compartment.    I love it as we travel some and the sun is always on my side.  Might be different in each state.

Fen
                                          Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics