The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf and Sun

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf and Sun

Participant

Thought I could go to Hawaii with my daughter especially if I was carefull, WRONG!  I stayed under the umbrella, used high spf sunsreen but still got severely burned or more like sun poisoned.  Severe blistering on my feet, swelling and rash on arms and back. I just want to warn others to be extremely careful so that this wont happen to you.  Vacation to Mexico not going to happen.

Thought I could go to Hawaii with my daughter especially if I was carefull, WRONG!  I stayed under the umbrella, used high spf sunsreen but still got severely burned or more like sun poisoned.  Severe blistering on my feet, swelling and rash on arms and back. I just want to warn others to be extremely careful so that this wont happen to you.  Vacation to Mexico not going to happen.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Thanks for the info.Guess we have to  be really careful to stay out of the sun on Zelboraf.Hope you feel better soon.  Al

deardad
            Participant

That's right….no sun at all! My dad was out with a hat, sunscreen but forgot the lips!! He looked like he had botox. He spent the day with his lips on ice. No sun exposure is safe on this drug.

Hope you are healing ok now take care.

Nahmi

Laurie from maine
              Participant
                Hi
                Yes it is really tricky. I got real bad swollen hands while camping but was in shade. I also found on long sunny summer days car rides I had to cover my hands and side of face. Lips were always a problem

Be careful. On plus side it is amazing how quick it works. Hope that is working well for you
                Laurie from maine

CF1975
                Participant
                  Just read your post about the sun. My father in law is on Zelboraf since late January and now that the weather is getting warmer he is finding that he cannot sit outside even in the shade with sunscreen on. Have you found that maybe some sun screens work better than others? We live on the water and it’s so hard for him to stay inside. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you and I hope that the drug continues to work for you!xz

CF1975
                  Participant
                    Just read your post about the sun. My father in law is on Zelboraf since late January and now that the weather is getting warmer he is finding that he cannot sit outside even in the shade with sunscreen on. Have you found that maybe some sun screens work better than others? We live on the water and it’s so hard for him to stay inside. Any advice would be appreciated.

CF1975
                    Participant

CF1975
                      Participant

Thank you and I hope that the drug continues to work for you!

CF1975
                        Participant

CF1975
                          Participant

Laurie from maine
                            Participant
                              Hi
                              Yes it is really tricky. I got real bad swollen hands while camping but was in shade. I also found on long sunny summer days car rides I had to cover my hands and side of face. Lips were always a problem

Be careful. On plus side it is amazing how quick it works. Hope that is working well for you
                              Laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                              Participant
                                Hi

Laurie from maine

deardad
                                Participant

That's right….no sun at all! My dad was out with a hat, sunscreen but forgot the lips!! He looked like he had botox. He spent the day with his lips on ice. No sun exposure is safe on this drug.

Nahmi

deardad
                                  Participant

Nahmi

aldakota22
                                  Participant

Thanks for the info.Guess we have to  be really careful to stay out of the sun on Zelboraf.Hope you feel better soon.  Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics