The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf, age, size of tumors

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf, age, size of tumors

Participant
      Hi again 🙂
      My dad is wondering the ages of the people and size of tumors on Zelboraf, who it worked for and for how long?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
      I’m trying to keep him with PMA!!!

M

Hi again 🙂
      My dad is wondering the ages of the people and size of tumors on Zelboraf, who it worked for and for how long?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
      I’m trying to keep him with PMA!!!

M

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant
          …and Hi back,
          I am currently 66 years old and almost completing my 43rd month on Zelboraf. You can check my profile for tumor size. Please let me know if I can provide any other information..
          Richard_K
          Participant
            …and Hi back,
            I am currently 66 years old and almost completing my 43rd month on Zelboraf. You can check my profile for tumor size. Please let me know if I can provide any other information..
            Richard_K
            Participant
              …and Hi back,
              Tina D
              Participant

I am 49, had numerous tumors. I think the largest was abt 3 cm in size at the time I started zelboraf. I had a complete response at my 8 week scans! I had to switch treatments a littl eover 6 months later when the mel returned… but even though it returned, the zel gave me what my husband has called a "reset". Since it was advancing near organs, and in my pancreas, it was great to hear it had all died away…. and so quickly!

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

I am 49, had numerous tumors. I think the largest was abt 3 cm in size at the time I started zelboraf. I had a complete response at my 8 week scans! I had to switch treatments a littl eover 6 months later when the mel returned… but even though it returned, the zel gave me what my husband has called a "reset". Since it was advancing near organs, and in my pancreas, it was great to hear it had all died away…. and so quickly!

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

Tina

Bruce Davis
                    Participant
                      Largest tumor @ 4 cm and several others in lungs. Have been on zelboraf 24 months the middle of September.
                      Hope this helps. Keep up the faith!
                      Bruce
                      Bruce Davis
                      Participant
                        Largest tumor @ 4 cm and several others in lungs. Have been on zelboraf 24 months the middle of September.
                        Bruce
                        Bruce Davis
                        Participant
                          Bruce
                          bj63
                          Participant

I was 49 when I was diagnosed as stage IV in October 2012.

I had numerous enlarged lymph nodes in the external iliac chain, the largest of which was 3.5cm.  I had several liver lesions, the largest of which was 3cm in the caudate lobe and 2.7cm in the right lobe. I also had a 1.7 cm tumor in my spleen.

At the 12-week mark I was re-scanned.  The radiology report noted no tumors on my liver or spleen, and all of my lymph nodes except for the  two largest were normal in size.  The two largest nodes showed more than 50% shrinkage.

I now am currently in the middle of my 11th month on Zelboraf.

bj63
                            Participant

I had numerous enlarged lymph nodes in the external iliac chain, the largest of which was 3.5cm.  I had several liver lesions, the largest of which was 3cm in the caudate lobe and 2.7cm in the right lobe. I also had a 1.7 cm tumor in my spleen.

At the 12-week mark I was re-scanned.  The radiology report noted no tumors on my liver or spleen, and all of my lymph nodes except for the  two largest were normal in size.  The two largest nodes showed more than 50% shrinkage.

bj63
                              Participant

Richard_K
                                Participant

Upon looking at my profile, I see the pre-trial start tumor sizes were not listed (they now are).  On February 24, 2010, tumor #1 was 8.9 x 6.8 cm and tumor #2 was 5.2 x 2.5 cm.

Richard_K
                                  Participant

Upon looking at my profile, I see the pre-trial start tumor sizes were not listed (they now are).  On February 24, 2010, tumor #1 was 8.9 x 6.8 cm and tumor #2 was 5.2 x 2.5 cm.

Richard_K
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics