The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf, 10 months, so far so good …

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf, 10 months, so far so good …

Participant

Just returned from the oncologist a little while ago.  I'm in my 10th month on Zelboraf and appear to still be responding to the drug.  The tumor activity appears to have remained dormant since my scan in February and all my blood work looks normal.

For now I appear to have adjusted to the drug pretty well.  I still have the sun sensitivity and have lost most of my body hair.  Though some has started growing back, it is very sparse whereas I used to be a fairly furry critter.  I still get some random aches and pains that appear to be related to the Zelboraf but they've become fewer.

So, for now at least, thing seem to be going well.  Sometimes no news is the best news of all.

bj63

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant
          Great to read about your results/ status. I ended up loosing all my body hair but no change to head. It’s still slowly returning and I think the only spots where it’s come back is where the blood draw bandages and EKG leads go.
          What scale do you model in? I used to be in G but had to give that up due to sun sensivity. Currently working in O in the shade of the basement. Here is a link to what used to be my G layout.

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCip1Sn-UFKjba5DOlkNZOGg

Richard_K
          Participant
            Great to read about your results/ status. I ended up loosing all my body hair but no change to head. It’s still slowly returning and I think the only spots where it’s come back is where the blood draw bandages and EKG leads go.
            What scale do you model in? I used to be in G but had to give that up due to sun sensivity. Currently working in O in the shade of the basement. Here is a link to what used to be my G layout.

Richard_K
            Participant

Tina D
              Participant

Yay for no news ๐Ÿ™‚   

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

Yay for no news ๐Ÿ™‚   

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

Yay for no news ๐Ÿ™‚   

Tina

bj63
                    Participant

I know exactly what you mean about the leads and bandages.  It's not my favorite hair removal process.  The biggest issue for me is that I have fatigue and intermittent UT problems due to the kidney stent.  I wanted to take it out but my Onc wants me to keep it in "just in case" the Zelboraf does quit doing its magic.

Looks like you had a nice G-scale setup there!  I dabble in HO and N a bit, but my main focus is Lionel.  Right now I'm biding time on the Lionel while I finish the basement and build a new larger layout.  I've got a lot of O-gauge, in an even mix of Postwar, MPC, & Modern Era.  I mainly focus on collecting pieces with the B&O and Western Maryland road names though I've got a good amount of other stuff, too.

bj63
                      Participant

I know exactly what you mean about the leads and bandages.  It's not my favorite hair removal process.  The biggest issue for me is that I have fatigue and intermittent UT problems due to the kidney stent.  I wanted to take it out but my Onc wants me to keep it in "just in case" the Zelboraf does quit doing its magic.

Looks like you had a nice G-scale setup there!  I dabble in HO and N a bit, but my main focus is Lionel.  Right now I'm biding time on the Lionel while I finish the basement and build a new larger layout.  I've got a lot of O-gauge, in an even mix of Postwar, MPC, & Modern Era.  I mainly focus on collecting pieces with the B&O and Western Maryland road names though I've got a good amount of other stuff, too.

bj63
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics