The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

young people with mm

Forums General Melanoma Community young people with mm

Participant

Hello everyone!  My name is Emily and I'm completing a project in school…and I need your help.  I am creating a website to advocate melanoma awareness, and I would like to add some other personal stories besides mine.  If you would like to be featured on my website, I would love to hear your story and your thoughts on the current crisis of rising melanoma rates in young adults and children.  Thanks!

Hello everyone!  My name is Emily and I'm completing a project in school…and I need your help.  I am creating a website to advocate melanoma awareness, and I would like to add some other personal stories besides mine.  If you would like to be featured on my website, I would love to hear your story and your thoughts on the current crisis of rising melanoma rates in young adults and children.  Thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        SarahS
        Participant

Hey Emily,

I think this is a great school project.  I'm no longer a "young" adult (I'm 30 now), but my journey with mel started when I was 21 years old. I've had 3 separate primaries – back, left arm, right leg – stage 1, stage 0 (thin mel), and stage 3a respectively.  My last diagnosis (stage 3a) was in 2006, just after I turned 25. I'm currently 4 1/2 years NED.  If you're interested in my story, let me know, I'd be happy to provide you with more info.

Best of luck!

~SarahS  

Emily C
            Participant

Hi Sarah!  Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you, but I would love to feature your story on my website.  Instead of talking on here, if you'd like, you can email me at [email protected] and we can continue our discussion from there.  Thanks so much for putting your story out there for everyone to see!  Talk to you soon, Emily

Emily C
              Participant

Hi Sarah!  Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you, but I would love to feature your story on my website.  Instead of talking on here, if you'd like, you can email me at [email protected] and we can continue our discussion from there.  Thanks so much for putting your story out there for everyone to see!  Talk to you soon, Emily

Emily C
                Participant

SarahS
                Participant

Hey Emily,

I think this is a great school project.  I'm no longer a "young" adult (I'm 30 now), but my journey with mel started when I was 21 years old. I've had 3 separate primaries – back, left arm, right leg – stage 1, stage 0 (thin mel), and stage 3a respectively.  My last diagnosis (stage 3a) was in 2006, just after I turned 25. I'm currently 4 1/2 years NED.  If you're interested in my story, let me know, I'd be happy to provide you with more info.

Best of luck!

~SarahS  

SarahS
                  Participant

Hey Emily,

Best of luck!

~SarahS  

jmmm
                    Participant
                      I’m not sure what age your looking for, but I’d be happy to share my husband’s story. He was first dx with stage 1 in 1998 at age 27. He’s now 38 with advanced stage 4. Let me know if you are interested. If not, not a problem.
                        Emily C
                        Participant

Hello and thanks for responding!  I would love to include your story on my website.  If you could email me at [email protected], we can continue this conversation further.  Thanks so much and I'll talk to you soon, Emily

Emily C
                          Participant

Hello and thanks for responding!  I would love to include your story on my website.  If you could email me at [email protected], we can continue this conversation further.  Thanks so much and I'll talk to you soon, Emily

Emily C
                            Participant

jmmm
                            Participant
                              I’m not sure what age your looking for, but I’d be happy to share my husband’s story. He was first dx with stage 1 in 1998 at age 27. He’s now 38 with advanced stage 4. Let me know if you are interested. If not, not a problem.
                              jmmm
                              Participant
                            Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics