The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

yervoy what do you think

Forums General Melanoma Community yervoy what do you think

Participant
      We have gotten his fever down. But now he is in bed all the time he stopped eating and moves his legs all night in his sleep. I got him pain meds yesterday. But is this normal. In three days time he was up to always in bed. He is forgetting things but i dont know if its the yervoy or that hes sleepy. Im getting vary worrired the longest time hes been up is maybe 5 min. He has had one dose of yervoy. Is cancer is in brain lungs bones. Any thoughts? Thanks
    Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Marianne quinn
        Participant

I think something else is going on. Most people tolerate the first dose of yervoy with minimal side effects. Please call your doctor today.

Marianne quinn
          Participant

I think something else is going on. Most people tolerate the first dose of yervoy with minimal side effects. Please call your doctor today.

Marianne quinn
            Participant

Marianne quinn
              Participant

Marianne quinn
                Participant

Marianne quinn
                  Participant

Marianne quinn
                    Participant

Marianne quinn
                      Participant

Marianne quinn
                        Participant

csellers23
                          Participant
                            I will but they wont be in till the morning
                              csellers23
                              Participant
                                I called vandy they said its not normal and to get him to our ER. Well here we are and they seem pissed to see us. First the doc said your going to have this with yervoy and i said vandy said this isnt a sideeffect. Then he said well dont you know this is going to happen with cancer in the brain. Then he left. The nurse comes in and i said can you give him a iv he hasnt really drink in day or eaten anything. She said he looks fine he doesnt need any. What the hell. She trys to get him to pee when he cant the doc comes in and said you need to give him a iv and she does then said her shift is about over and this is the last room she has to stock. She is so loud and does not seem to care. I told them vandy wants lab work done and a ct of his head and that something is wrong. Now they dont wont to give him a ct and it sounds like they are wanting to just send us back home with a good luck. I think im going to make them send us to vandy. Im afraid of swelling in his brain maybe he need steroids . Sorry about all the typeos my phone is acting up
                                csellers23
                                Participant
                                  I called vandy they said its not normal and to get him to our ER. Well here we are and they seem pissed to see us. First the doc said your going to have this with yervoy and i said vandy said this isnt a sideeffect. Then he said well dont you know this is going to happen with cancer in the brain. Then he left. The nurse comes in and i said can you give him a iv he hasnt really drink in day or eaten anything. She said he looks fine he doesnt need any. What the hell. She trys to get him to pee when he cant the doc comes in and said you need to give him a iv and she does then said her shift is about over and this is the last room she has to stock. She is so loud and does not seem to care. I told them vandy wants lab work done and a ct of his head and that something is wrong. Now they dont wont to give him a ct and it sounds like they are wanting to just send us back home with a good luck. I think im going to make them send us to vandy. Im afraid of swelling in his brain maybe he need steroids . Sorry about all the typeos my phone is acting up
                                  csellers23
                                  Participant
                                    csellers23
                                    Participant
                                      csellers23
                                      Participant
                                        arthurjedi007
                                        Participant

Sounds like vandy seems to know what they are talking about. I have never heard of such a yervoy side affect. Something is probably going on in the brain and maybe other things too.

Be brave, outspoken but polite, cry, angry or whatever you need to get him what he needs. It sounds like you are going to have to fight for him since he cannot at this time.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                          Participant

Sounds like vandy seems to know what they are talking about. I have never heard of such a yervoy side affect. Something is probably going on in the brain and maybe other things too.

Be brave, outspoken but polite, cry, angry or whatever you need to get him what he needs. It sounds like you are going to have to fight for him since he cannot at this time.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                            Participant

Artie

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

Keep your records for a complaint to the State  Medical boards, but get to a center that  has worked with Yervoy!   Vandy does know whast it is doing and talkiing about!

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Keep your records for a complaint to the State  Medical boards, but get to a center that  has worked with Yervoy!   Vandy does know whast it is doing and talkiing about!

JerryfromFauq
                                                  Participant

csellers23
                                                    Participant
                                                    csellers23
                                                    Participant
                                                      csellers23
                                                      Participant
                                                    Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics