The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

yervoy/IPI compassionate expanded use

Forums General Melanoma Community yervoy/IPI compassionate expanded use

Participant

Hi,

I have a friend in yervoy/IPI compassionate expanded use trial. She finished 2 infusions. Does anyone know if the 3rd & 4th infusion will still be free  through the trial. She contacted BMS and no one will give her an answer.

Anyone out there in this yervoy/IPI compassionate expanded use trial that knows how is BMS is handling payment (or FREE) for those who have not finished their 4th infusion of IPI of this trial. The study nurse at her location site did not even have the answer.

Thanks for posting your reply

gayle

Hi,

I have a friend in yervoy/IPI compassionate expanded use trial. She finished 2 infusions. Does anyone know if the 3rd & 4th infusion will still be free  through the trial. She contacted BMS and no one will give her an answer.

Anyone out there in this yervoy/IPI compassionate expanded use trial that knows how is BMS is handling payment (or FREE) for those who have not finished their 4th infusion of IPI of this trial. The study nurse at her location site did not even have the answer.

Thanks for posting your reply

gayle

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        KatyWI
        Participant

I can't understand why BMS wouldn't give her an answer.  Your friend should check her informed consent document.  The one I signed stated that Ipi would continue to be provided free for 30 days after the FDA approval.  So, most likely the third infusion (3 weeks later) will be covered, and her insurance will have to cover the final infusion.  (If she's uninsured, I beleive there is a program to help pay.  Contact BMS about that.)

KatyWI

KatyWI
          Participant

I can't understand why BMS wouldn't give her an answer.  Your friend should check her informed consent document.  The one I signed stated that Ipi would continue to be provided free for 30 days after the FDA approval.  So, most likely the third infusion (3 weeks later) will be covered, and her insurance will have to cover the final infusion.  (If she's uninsured, I beleive there is a program to help pay.  Contact BMS about that.)

KatyWI

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics