The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

YERVOY (IPI) AFTERFEELINGS

Forums General Melanoma Community YERVOY (IPI) AFTERFEELINGS

Participant

Has anyone had ear ringing, headaches, eye problems, limb weakness after taking yervoy. If you felt any of these annoyances, what did you do?

I have been suffering from these for months now. And no doctor has an answer for me.

Has anyone had ear ringing, headaches, eye problems, limb weakness after taking yervoy. If you felt any of these annoyances, what did you do?

I have been suffering from these for months now. And no doctor has an answer for me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        fdess056
        Participant

J, Sorry to hear about these side effects.  I completed my 4th and final  infusion yervoy on March 1st.  Before I started treatment my doc gave me a wallet sized print out of potential side effects that came directly from  Bristol Meyers Squibb.   With the exception of ear ringing, all the symptoms you listed are noted in the pamphlet as potential side effects.  I did not personally experience any of these but my doc was very clear that they should be reported to him or his 24 hour health line immediately.  The other option is to call Bristol Meyers Squibb directly at 1-800-321-1335.  They should not be treated with any over-the counter drugs or by anyone not familiar with yervoy.  There's also on-line help available at http://www.yervoy.com

By the way, i had my initial post-yervoy scan last week.  My lung mets were reduced by over 50%.  Brain MRI and PET scan pending. I hope your yervoy results are as successful as mine. 

FrankD Brooklyn

j.m.l.
            Participant

thank you so much for your reply. I am going to call the manufacturer right now. I have heard of many others who had good success with ipi. Unfort. it did not work for me. In fact the melonon grew and had to be removed by surgery. then radiation.

thanks again

j.m.l.
              Participant

thank you so much for your reply. I am going to call the manufacturer right now. I have heard of many others who had good success with ipi. Unfort. it did not work for me. In fact the melonon grew and had to be removed by surgery. then radiation.

thanks again

j.m.l.
                Participant

thanks again

fdess056
                Participant

J, Sorry to hear about these side effects.  I completed my 4th and final  infusion yervoy on March 1st.  Before I started treatment my doc gave me a wallet sized print out of potential side effects that came directly from  Bristol Meyers Squibb.   With the exception of ear ringing, all the symptoms you listed are noted in the pamphlet as potential side effects.  I did not personally experience any of these but my doc was very clear that they should be reported to him or his 24 hour health line immediately.  The other option is to call Bristol Meyers Squibb directly at 1-800-321-1335.  They should not be treated with any over-the counter drugs or by anyone not familiar with yervoy.  There's also on-line help available at http://www.yervoy.com

By the way, i had my initial post-yervoy scan last week.  My lung mets were reduced by over 50%.  Brain MRI and PET scan pending. I hope your yervoy results are as successful as mine. 

FrankD Brooklyn

fdess056
                  Participant

FrankD Brooklyn

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics