The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy dose 3 rescheduled

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy dose 3 rescheduled

Participant

The third Yervoy dose came in Tuesday, but Jackie had another dehydration bout Monday evening requiring another 6 hour visit to the ER. IV fluids, IV steroids, IV anti-emetic, and oral anti-emetic. Also X-rays and a CT scan. We were back home in bed by midnight. Oh yeah but I hadn't slept much as I had gone along for moral support to pick up our pastor and his wife from the airport and got home about 4 AM Monday morning. Jackie was sent home on clear liquids and 60 mg a day of steroids. She found a way to sleep without medications causing confusion and inability to concentrate.

The third Yervoy dose came in Tuesday, but Jackie had another dehydration bout Monday evening requiring another 6 hour visit to the ER. IV fluids, IV steroids, IV anti-emetic, and oral anti-emetic. Also X-rays and a CT scan. We were back home in bed by midnight. Oh yeah but I hadn't slept much as I had gone along for moral support to pick up our pastor and his wife from the airport and got home about 4 AM Monday morning. Jackie was sent home on clear liquids and 60 mg a day of steroids. She found a way to sleep without medications causing confusion and inability to concentrate. Yesterday she progressed to bland food. The third Yervoy infusion has been rescheduled for Monday March 26th. Friday is Jackie's Heinz 57 birthday. The 4 doses of Yervoy have be given in a 12-16 weeks. Jackie still has had pretty severe fatigue, but seems to be gaining strength daily. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we continue to press forward on this battle with melanoma.

Thanks,
      Bruce and Jackie

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        ElaineLinn
        Participant

I also missed my 3 dose of IPPI and may have to miss the other 2 beacause of a brain tumor and having to go through radiation. So I know how you feel but I will not give up and I hope you dont either!

ElaineLinn
          Participant

I also missed my 3 dose of IPPI and may have to miss the other 2 beacause of a brain tumor and having to go through radiation. So I know how you feel but I will not give up and I hope you dont either!

bruski1959
              Participant

Thanks ElaineLinn! Encouragement by others is so important and we haven't give up hope!

Thanks,
                Bruce and Jackie

bruski1959
                Participant

Thanks ElaineLinn! Encouragement by others is so important and we haven't give up hope!

Thanks,
                  Bruce and Jackie

bruski1959
                  Participant

Thanks,
                    Bruce and Jackie

ElaineLinn
                  Participant

Maxximom
                    Participant

Hi Bruce and Jackie.. I am so sorry that Jackie is having such a rough time..but at least they are keeping on top of things. Getting her the hydration she needs is very important..With all the 3 weeks of bad diarrhea that I had had..even in the hospital.. I manage not to dehydrate.. I was drinking like crazy to try and stay hydrated and they did not have to give me any fluids..just the IV steroids.I am on a much larger dose that Jackie 1200 mg prednisone orally..of course now I won't be able to get Ippy #3 on Thursday..if ever. The diarrhea still has not stopped and I still go at least 4-5 times a day..pure water..it is now 31/2 weeks of this..and now end in sight that I can see.Do they still plan on giving Jackie her Ippy on Monday..even though she is still on 60 mg of steroids? I was told that I have to be on 7 mg to get the ippy..also did the steroids STOP the diarrhea for Jackie or just slow things down? Wishing Jackie a happy Heinz 57 Birthday…gosh I would like to be 57 againsmiley

Joan

bruski1959
                        Participant

Hi Maxximom!

Think compared to many Jackie hasn't had that bad of a time, but she is already fighting an uphill battle with her rare lung disease LAM that just affects women. She was already on 10mg of prednisone prior to starting Yervoy first dose.

Jackie had a nice quiet uneventful Heinz 57 birthday at home. A friend from church came over, brought us some blizzards, and brought Jackie some nice sleep shirts and chocolate for Jackie's birthday and we sang Happy Birthday to her. Jackie had her 3rd Yervoy infusion today, and is home resting now. Praying that the Yervoy side effects aren't too bad, that Jackie can cope with these side effects, and can cope with the countermeasures for the side effects. The 4th and last Yervoy infusion has to be given within 16 weeks of the first dose, which would be May 25th. The more Yervoy doses Jackie can tolerate the more her melanoma tumors are likely to shrink. 

Friday I found out that I am on the P&G transition team until the end of October. Possibly/probably I will be kept on the team for the transformation project, as they will be deploying phone systems I have been training on over the last year or so, obtained certifications on etc. This week I have 39 hours of P&G meetings, so I was able to be on my work cell phone and mainly just listen in on the call today, even while we were at the Cancer Center, while we were out and about in the car going to/from the Cancer Center, going to Walgreens, etc. Now that I don't have the expectation that I will be traveling all the time, and my time is 100% allocated, that takes a lot of stress off of me/us, keeps my head off the chopping block, etc. I have worked on the same phone system for the last 8 years, and even though I have been getting trained on other phone systems, this is all I have know for the last 8 years, so it is a bit un-nerving to on a long term project working on different phone systems form what I have been working on. Typically my projects are 1-3 weeks long, ocassionally last months.

Something we have been discussing is renewing our vows around our 20th anniversary on June 12. Probably the weekend before or the weekend after is what we are thinking. Jackie and I talked about it most recently this morning, so I know it is on her mind. Just wanted to mention it, as it one important milestone for us that I wanted all of you to be aware of. The good Lord willing we will make it to that point. Hopefully by then, Jackie might have had another PET/CT scan, and we will find out what the positive effect has had on the Yervoy tumors.

Jackie remains on 60mg of prednisone, but we will be discussing that with her oncologist on Wednesday, to see whether she should try to taper off that again, maybe to not quite as low a level as previously.

We are blessed to be able to have me close to home as we are in the second half of the Yervoy treatment, and that Yevoy treatment is even available just for this last year. We really sense the hand of God in all of this right now. As always we appreciate your encouragement, support, prayers and thoughts!

Thanks,
                          Bruce and Jackie

bruski1959
                          Participant

Hi Maxximom!

Think compared to many Jackie hasn't had that bad of a time, but she is already fighting an uphill battle with her rare lung disease LAM that just affects women. She was already on 10mg of prednisone prior to starting Yervoy first dose.

Jackie had a nice quiet uneventful Heinz 57 birthday at home. A friend from church came over, brought us some blizzards, and brought Jackie some nice sleep shirts and chocolate for Jackie's birthday and we sang Happy Birthday to her. Jackie had her 3rd Yervoy infusion today, and is home resting now. Praying that the Yervoy side effects aren't too bad, that Jackie can cope with these side effects, and can cope with the countermeasures for the side effects. The 4th and last Yervoy infusion has to be given within 16 weeks of the first dose, which would be May 25th. The more Yervoy doses Jackie can tolerate the more her melanoma tumors are likely to shrink. 

Friday I found out that I am on the P&G transition team until the end of October. Possibly/probably I will be kept on the team for the transformation project, as they will be deploying phone systems I have been training on over the last year or so, obtained certifications on etc. This week I have 39 hours of P&G meetings, so I was able to be on my work cell phone and mainly just listen in on the call today, even while we were at the Cancer Center, while we were out and about in the car going to/from the Cancer Center, going to Walgreens, etc. Now that I don't have the expectation that I will be traveling all the time, and my time is 100% allocated, that takes a lot of stress off of me/us, keeps my head off the chopping block, etc. I have worked on the same phone system for the last 8 years, and even though I have been getting trained on other phone systems, this is all I have know for the last 8 years, so it is a bit un-nerving to on a long term project working on different phone systems form what I have been working on. Typically my projects are 1-3 weeks long, ocassionally last months.

Something we have been discussing is renewing our vows around our 20th anniversary on June 12. Probably the weekend before or the weekend after is what we are thinking. Jackie and I talked about it most recently this morning, so I know it is on her mind. Just wanted to mention it, as it one important milestone for us that I wanted all of you to be aware of. The good Lord willing we will make it to that point. Hopefully by then, Jackie might have had another PET/CT scan, and we will find out what the positive effect has had on the Yervoy tumors.

Jackie remains on 60mg of prednisone, but we will be discussing that with her oncologist on Wednesday, to see whether she should try to taper off that again, maybe to not quite as low a level as previously.

We are blessed to be able to have me close to home as we are in the second half of the Yervoy treatment, and that Yevoy treatment is even available just for this last year. We really sense the hand of God in all of this right now. As always we appreciate your encouragement, support, prayers and thoughts!

Thanks,
                            Bruce and Jackie

bruski1959
                            Participant

Hi Maxximom!

Thanks,
                              Bruce and Jackie

Maxximom
                              Participant

Hi Bruce and Jackie.. I am so glad that they were able to give Jackie her #3 Ippy infusion. I am happy that they did so while she was on so much Prednisone.. I was told that I would have to be on 7mg or less to get my #3 Ippy..IF they will even consider it after the severe diarrhea I am having ..I am not sure.. I AM sure that I want to get it as I think that it is my main option for the best way to try and beat this monster..I am BRAF negative and I don't have that many options. I must have been having a real brain fart when I wrote that I was on 1200mg of Pred.. I added a extra ).. I am on 120 mg and tonight they added another 20.. to try and help stop the diarrhea.. this has been going on for a month now..so I am pretty wiped out by now. I had blood work done today..and I have managed to keep myself well hydrated since I left the hospital last Tuesday and all my electrolytes are just fine.

I am glad that your job is more stable now..and that you won't have to travel//that will be nice for you and Jackie..a little peace of mind is a good thing. Renewing vows are lovely. My Husband and I renewed our vows on our 25th and 50 anniversaries and we would have been married for 60 years this past October..when he passed away. I am glad that Jackie had a nice Birthday.. Blizzards are yummy. It sounds like you Pastor is a wonderful person. My prayers are with you both

Joan

Maxximom
                                Participant

Hi Bruce and Jackie.. I am so glad that they were able to give Jackie her #3 Ippy infusion. I am happy that they did so while she was on so much Prednisone.. I was told that I would have to be on 7mg or less to get my #3 Ippy..IF they will even consider it after the severe diarrhea I am having ..I am not sure.. I AM sure that I want to get it as I think that it is my main option for the best way to try and beat this monster..I am BRAF negative and I don't have that many options. I must have been having a real brain fart when I wrote that I was on 1200mg of Pred.. I added a extra ).. I am on 120 mg and tonight they added another 20.. to try and help stop the diarrhea.. this has been going on for a month now..so I am pretty wiped out by now. I had blood work done today..and I have managed to keep myself well hydrated since I left the hospital last Tuesday and all my electrolytes are just fine.

I am glad that your job is more stable now..and that you won't have to travel//that will be nice for you and Jackie..a little peace of mind is a good thing. Renewing vows are lovely. My Husband and I renewed our vows on our 25th and 50 anniversaries and we would have been married for 60 years this past October..when he passed away. I am glad that Jackie had a nice Birthday.. Blizzards are yummy. It sounds like you Pastor is a wonderful person. My prayers are with you both

Joan

bruski1959
                                  Participant

Thanks Joan!

We are people of strong faith, and we firmly beileve in the power of prayer! Today some co-workers sent Jackie some more flowers for her birthday and to let them know that they are praying for her. Jackie is BRAF-negative, so Yervoy is pretty much it for he too, especially considering her other underlying health issues. Stay hydrated!

Thanks,
                                    Bruce and Jackie

bruski1959
                                    Participant

Thanks Joan!

We are people of strong faith, and we firmly beileve in the power of prayer! Today some co-workers sent Jackie some more flowers for her birthday and to let them know that they are praying for her. Jackie is BRAF-negative, so Yervoy is pretty much it for he too, especially considering her other underlying health issues. Stay hydrated!

Thanks,
                                      Bruce and Jackie

bruski1959
                                      Participant

Thanks Joan!

Thanks,
                                        Bruce and Jackie

Maxximom
                                        Participant

Joan

Maxximom
                                        Participant

Hi Bruce and Jackie.. I am so sorry that Jackie is having such a rough time..but at least they are keeping on top of things. Getting her the hydration she needs is very important..With all the 3 weeks of bad diarrhea that I had had..even in the hospital.. I manage not to dehydrate.. I was drinking like crazy to try and stay hydrated and they did not have to give me any fluids..just the IV steroids.I am on a much larger dose that Jackie 1200 mg prednisone orally..of course now I won't be able to get Ippy #3 on Thursday..if ever. The diarrhea still has not stopped and I still go at least 4-5 times a day..pure water..it is now 31/2 weeks of this..and now end in sight that I can see.Do they still plan on giving Jackie her Ippy on Monday..even though she is still on 60 mg of steroids? I was told that I have to be on 7 mg to get the ippy..also did the steroids STOP the diarrhea for Jackie or just slow things down? Wishing Jackie a happy Heinz 57 Birthday…gosh I would like to be 57 againsmiley

Joan

Maxximom
                                          Participant

Joan

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics