The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy – Anyone have Rigors? (Excessive Chills/Shaking.)

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy – Anyone have Rigors? (Excessive Chills/Shaking.)

Participant

Hi,

Has anyone experiened rigors while they were on Yervoy? If so, did they disappear over time or did you do or take anything to stop them?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Michelem
        Participant

Not sure I'm clear on the meaning of "rigors", but my husband has had only one ipi infusion so far, and he is definitely suffering from flashes of fever and chills.

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

Shaking chills are just what they sound like – literally shaking because you are very cold. The shaking chills are sometimes referred to as rigors. For the Rigors with IL-2, I received a shot of Demerol.   It worked great if given immediately upon the first sign of the chill.  If delayed, (once) it took 3 shots and about 45 minutes to get the Rigors under control..   Don't wait!

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Shaking chills are just what they sound like – literally shaking because you are very cold. The shaking chills are sometimes referred to as rigors. For the Rigors with IL-2, I received a shot of Demerol.   It worked great if given immediately upon the first sign of the chill.  If delayed, (once) it took 3 shots and about 45 minutes to get the Rigors under control..   Don't wait!

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

UrsulaZ
                  Participant

Yes. Ibuprofen helped somewhat. And I wore a lot of sweaters ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck.

UrsulaZ
                    Participant

UrsulaZ
                      Participant

Michelem
                      Participant

Not sure I'm clear on the meaning of "rigors", but my husband has had only one ipi infusion so far, and he is definitely suffering from flashes of fever and chills.

Michelem
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics