The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy advice

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy advice

Participant

Hi, all. I'm scheduled to start Yervoy after Christmas and would appreciate any advice or anyone wishing to share their experience with it.  I'm stage 4 BRAF positive with a 1.5 cm met on the tibia near the knee and a 2 cm met on the left lung.  Prior to this i was NED for 20 months  after surgery, radiation and interferon.   Thanks and Happy Holidays to all

frankd

Hi, all. I'm scheduled to start Yervoy after Christmas and would appreciate any advice or anyone wishing to share their experience with it.  I'm stage 4 BRAF positive with a 1.5 cm met on the tibia near the knee and a 2 cm met on the left lung.  Prior to this i was NED for 20 months  after surgery, radiation and interferon.   Thanks and Happy Holidays to all

frankd

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi Frank,

Sorry to hear that you have progressed to stage 4. Yervoy was highly successful for me. Its been a year since I started the treatments ( did 3mg/kg) so please look at my profile or put ipilimumab in the search bar at the top.

Wishing success of this treatment for you!! and Happy Holidays!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a NED since 02/11 because of yervoy

Vermont_Donna
          Participant

Hi Frank,

Sorry to hear that you have progressed to stage 4. Yervoy was highly successful for me. Its been a year since I started the treatments ( did 3mg/kg) so please look at my profile or put ipilimumab in the search bar at the top.

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Hi Frank,

momof2kids
              Participant

I had Yervoy from Sept 2011 thru Nov. 2011, and had my 1st scan and checkup on Dec. 2nd.

I had 6cm tumor on Liver that shrunk down to 2cm, and a 5cm tumor on my lung that couldn't even be seen.

I have no idea if age, prior treatments, etc have any effect on how you react to this treatment , but this was my 1st treatment of any kind, and I'm 31 years old, and I had ZERO side effects from it.  not a single stomach ache, no cramping, no abnormal bowel movements, NOTHING!

Yet somehow it worked!  It's a very easy treatment to take (unless you get side effects), every treatment/injection I got, I never got sick, never puked, nothing, not crazy treatments (like IL-2, etc).    Somehow this treatment was very easy for me, I only wish they were all this simple and could work as good as this one has so far on me.

I can only hope it will continue!

Best of luck to you on the treatment!

momof2kids
                Participant

I had Yervoy from Sept 2011 thru Nov. 2011, and had my 1st scan and checkup on Dec. 2nd.

I had 6cm tumor on Liver that shrunk down to 2cm, and a 5cm tumor on my lung that couldn't even be seen.

I have no idea if age, prior treatments, etc have any effect on how you react to this treatment , but this was my 1st treatment of any kind, and I'm 31 years old, and I had ZERO side effects from it.  not a single stomach ache, no cramping, no abnormal bowel movements, NOTHING!

Yet somehow it worked!  It's a very easy treatment to take (unless you get side effects), every treatment/injection I got, I never got sick, never puked, nothing, not crazy treatments (like IL-2, etc).    Somehow this treatment was very easy for me, I only wish they were all this simple and could work as good as this one has so far on me.

momof2kids
                  Participant

peckg
                    Participant

I had 4 Yervoy infusions August-Sept of this year and tolerated it very well.  It was nothing compared to IL-2.  My worst side effects were itching, which was the same as my itching while on IL-2 only not as severe.  I did have some late afternoon fatigue but this is tolerable.

peckg
                      Participant

I had 4 Yervoy infusions August-Sept of this year and tolerated it very well.  It was nothing compared to IL-2.  My worst side effects were itching, which was the same as my itching while on IL-2 only not as severe.  I did have some late afternoon fatigue but this is tolerable.

peckg
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics