The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy 9ipilimumab)

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy 9ipilimumab)

Participant

I have completed 4 infusions of Yervoy.  The PET scans shows a favorable response to the treatment.  I do, however, have immune-mediated neuropathy which is getting more and more painful.  Anyone have these symptoms?  What treatment have you tried for the neuropathy and how succesful was i t?

I have completed 4 infusions of Yervoy.  The PET scans shows a favorable response to the treatment.  I do, however, have immune-mediated neuropathy which is getting more and more painful.  Anyone have these symptoms?  What treatment have you tried for the neuropathy and how succesful was i t?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Karin L
        Participant

Huge congrats on the favorable treatment!  I have not done Yervoy yet but I did do IL2 which is also an immunotherapy.  I developed severe neuropothy in both hands and lower legs and feet.  Eventually my whole body was being affected…(lips and teeth, ears, etc.  were tingly and numb.)  I would not have described it as painful though and I have seen it described as painful by others here quite a few times.  Not sure on that one.  As much as I didn't want to use any steroids I did high dose IV steroids (Solumedrol)  for 3 days and then an oral taper of Prednisone for 3 wks.  It worked excellent.  I hope you get an answer/solution  for your situation.

Karin 

Karin L
          Participant

Huge congrats on the favorable treatment!  I have not done Yervoy yet but I did do IL2 which is also an immunotherapy.  I developed severe neuropothy in both hands and lower legs and feet.  Eventually my whole body was being affected…(lips and teeth, ears, etc.  were tingly and numb.)  I would not have described it as painful though and I have seen it described as painful by others here quite a few times.  Not sure on that one.  As much as I didn't want to use any steroids I did high dose IV steroids (Solumedrol)  for 3 days and then an oral taper of Prednisone for 3 wks.  It worked excellent.  I hope you get an answer/solution  for your situation.

Karin 

Karin L
            Participant

Karin 

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics