The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

worring i might have advanced melanoma

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community worring i might have advanced melanoma

Participant
      im a moroccan 25 old male, 2 years ago i started noticing new atypical moles in my arms face back and penis , all my life i had only 2 moles in my gorin , but at 23 years old i started seeing these moles apearing for no reason, i stupidly burend 2 moles on my right and left arm and they didnt comback , after a while , one that apearde in my right arme freaked me out it had atypical border and had 6 mm in size 1.5 years ago , i tryed to burned it also , after a while it started to comback in the border of the burn, i stupidly ignored it untile now , so i went to a local dermatologist with my mother, he toled me not to freak out , he didnt brought biopsy to te subject , so i asked him should i have a biopsy , he responded that he can remouve it and send it to a pathologist but i shoud pay extra , with no assurance (im an unemployed) i coudnt pay and now im trying to get the money for it, my parents think im just creazy because the dermatologist sayed nothing to worry , but its me who saw the change from a tiny mole to 1 cm atypical mole , our hospital care system is catastrofic like all third world countrys , i dont know even what to expect if find out i have advanced melanoma witch is very likly , i actuly think i have multuple melanoma as one mole in my penis is geting biger , im living in fear and depression , not knowing what to do , i also have swollen lymph glands in my groain and i think i have enlarged liver
      i just want to ask if 2 years old melanomas can be treated or not and what you think about my situation
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          Mohamed, The only way to determine if you have melanoma is to get the pathology. All of your other symptoms are associated with many things including colds etc. and shouldn’t give you worry without a diagnosis.
          MelanomaMike
          Participant
            Hello Mohamed, im sorry your in a scary situation with your skin abnormalities, untill your doctor CONFIRMS Melanoma or anyother skin conditions, i wouldnt stress to hard on it, BUT! Dont waste any time! Like you said, Morocco’ s Healthcare system does seem dismal but has Public Care called La CNOPS and a lower income insurance plan called (RAMED) that you qualify for being unemployed. Get your Biopsies done bro (test of the moles) that will explain alot….
              mohamed
              Participant
                CNOPS is an income insurance spesific for peaple who are employed by the state i am unemployed
                To get Ramed i will need a month of paper work and extra 3 month to finaly have the insurance and if it is realy melanoma it will be late
                I am still trying to get the money for the biopsy, i have an appoitement monday with a GP to see his oppinion , the mole on my arm is realy scary having multiple colors from dark to light brown on the edge and it seems spreading slowly to the the surrounding tissue , i cant sleep any more all my taughts are in darkness , the only place i talk about this is here
              mohamed
              Participant
                the mole on my right arm is defently spreading i feel healthy apart from swollen lymph glands in the groain, witch is wired but when i look at it i see that the mole has spread to the surrounding tisue , and i havent even done a biopsy , i thing the dermatologist knew it is bad thing bad he just wanted the extra pay to remouve it , i think im on the wrong side of the world if a want to survive melanoma , i need support but i cant get in my country
                  ourvan
                  Participant
                    Hi Mohamed, your situation is both heartbreaking and frightening, that you have to live with the unknowing due to the state of your medical system. I hope that you can find some peace until you find a solution. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers.
                    laurie
              Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics