The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Wondering about homeopathic uses

Forums General Melanoma Community Wondering about homeopathic uses

Participant
      I’m just wondering if people here have done any natural or homeopathic treatments along with, or instead of conventional therapies.
      I’m trying to decide if I should do any vit C infusions. I think I might also get a juicer and try any alkaline diet…any thoughts?
      Does anyone have success stories connected to natural or homeopathic treatments?
      Thanks

I’m just wondering if people here have done any natural or homeopathic treatments along with, or instead of conventional therapies.
      I’m trying to decide if I should do any vit C infusions. I think I might also get a juicer and try any alkaline diet…any thoughts?
      Does anyone have success stories connected to natural or homeopathic treatments?
      Thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

I did macrobiotics and got worse.   Allen Carr is the guru of this stuff.  He has survived quite a bit considering his age.

jag
          Participant

I did macrobiotics and got worse.   Allen Carr is the guru of this stuff.  He has survived quite a bit considering his age.

Carmon in NM
            Participant

I see a PhD Doctor of Homeopathy who is also a nutritionist certified to work with cancer and chemo patients. She has mostly advised me on diet, provided me with supplements, and given me remedies for specific situations like before and after surgery.

I can't say if it has made a difference or not since I became Stage IV last June after being diagnosed 09/08. She totally believes in combining it with conventional therapies and I work with her as well as an acupuncturist and a chiropractor. They are all three close friends and I refer to them as 'My Healing Team' along with my oncologist.

I figure there is absolutely nothing wrong with covering all possiblities and I do know that the acupuncture and chiropractic have helped me to manage pain and also recover after surgery. After I had the craniotomy and gamma knife, my chiropractor made an incredible difference adjusting the bones in my head. Instantly the headaches and feeling of internal pressure were gone from my head.

Just do what feels right for you – Carmon

Carmon in NM
              Participant

I see a PhD Doctor of Homeopathy who is also a nutritionist certified to work with cancer and chemo patients. She has mostly advised me on diet, provided me with supplements, and given me remedies for specific situations like before and after surgery.

I can't say if it has made a difference or not since I became Stage IV last June after being diagnosed 09/08. She totally believes in combining it with conventional therapies and I work with her as well as an acupuncturist and a chiropractor. They are all three close friends and I refer to them as 'My Healing Team' along with my oncologist.

I figure there is absolutely nothing wrong with covering all possiblities and I do know that the acupuncture and chiropractic have helped me to manage pain and also recover after surgery. After I had the craniotomy and gamma knife, my chiropractor made an incredible difference adjusting the bones in my head. Instantly the headaches and feeling of internal pressure were gone from my head.

Just do what feels right for you – Carmon

nicoli
                Participant

Hi Linda, This cancer junk is very personal and you have to do what you have to do. But…. I strongly suggest going with  conventional medical care (surgery, radiation, chemo, etc) rather than the "natural" approach. 

Within the past 2 years I have known 3 people wth various kinds of cancer who chose the "natural" over the conventional. One went to a natural clinic in Mexico, one did nothing but a raw foods diet and prayer and one spent thousands of dollars on Vitamin C injections and herbs. They all died within 6 months.

So you probably know why I feel as I do.

But I think it is worthwhile to research healthy eating, supplements and excercise, etc, to go along with your conventional cancer treatments. I eat better , take several supplements and try to reduce stress and I know many others on this site do other healthy things to help the conventional care along.

Nicki, Stage 3b, 1 year survivor!!!

nicoli
                  Participant

Hi Linda, This cancer junk is very personal and you have to do what you have to do. But…. I strongly suggest going with  conventional medical care (surgery, radiation, chemo, etc) rather than the "natural" approach. 

Within the past 2 years I have known 3 people wth various kinds of cancer who chose the "natural" over the conventional. One went to a natural clinic in Mexico, one did nothing but a raw foods diet and prayer and one spent thousands of dollars on Vitamin C injections and herbs. They all died within 6 months.

So you probably know why I feel as I do.

But I think it is worthwhile to research healthy eating, supplements and excercise, etc, to go along with your conventional cancer treatments. I eat better , take several supplements and try to reduce stress and I know many others on this site do other healthy things to help the conventional care along.

Nicki, Stage 3b, 1 year survivor!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics