The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WLE & SLNB

Forums General Melanoma Community WLE & SLNB

Participant

Got hone from surgery about an hour ago. Medical nuclear imaging took longer than my surgeries did! I was in the operating room for 1:50.

No nausea from anesthesia. Now I have to keep my foot elevated for a week.

Awaiting WLE biopsy and SLN biopsy now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        KMick
        Participant

Bet it feels good to get that behind you!  I'm surprised they sent you home so quickly after a full-thickness skin graft.  My surgeon said that I would be in the hospital an entire week for a full-thickness graft.  (Ended up with a split thickness graft and stayed three days in the hospital.)  Good for you, it'slways better to be home in your own surroundings and eat your own food!

rgrand
            Participant

Today I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon to assess the skin graft. Afterward I meet with my Oncologist to discuss, I believe, the biopsy results from the WLE and SLNB.

i hope both are good meetings!

melanomafighter
              Participant
                Good luck…
                melanomafighter
                Participant
                  Good luck…
                  melanomafighter
                  Participant
                    Good luck…
                    rgrand
                    Participant

Today I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon to assess the skin graft. Afterward I meet with my Oncologist to discuss, I believe, the biopsy results from the WLE and SLNB.

rgrand
                      Participant

KMick
                      Participant

Bet it feels good to get that behind you!  I'm surprised they sent you home so quickly after a full-thickness skin graft.  My surgeon said that I would be in the hospital an entire week for a full-thickness graft.  (Ended up with a split thickness graft and stayed three days in the hospital.)  Good for you, it'slways better to be home in your own surroundings and eat your own food!

KMick
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics