The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WLE scar, SNB scar, and the Waiting Game

Forums General Melanoma Community WLE scar, SNB scar, and the Waiting Game

Participant

My husband had his first WLE and SNB surgery (combined) this past Tuesday. The WLE incision is MASSIVE…it looks to be approximately 9-10 inches across his abdomen, in an "S" shape. The SNB is about 3 inches and is a "hernia" incision, whatever that means.

My hubby is a professional bodybuilder…I'm wondering if he will ever be able to go back and do what he loves, and actually maybe be a contender even with a huge scar in plain sight.

My husband had his first WLE and SNB surgery (combined) this past Tuesday. The WLE incision is MASSIVE…it looks to be approximately 9-10 inches across his abdomen, in an "S" shape. The SNB is about 3 inches and is a "hernia" incision, whatever that means.

My hubby is a professional bodybuilder…I'm wondering if he will ever be able to go back and do what he loves, and actually maybe be a contender even with a huge scar in plain sight.

Now we wait the 14 days until the biopsy results come in… supposedly they are being read by the "best in the world" person at Moffitt in Tampa. Oh this wait is going to kill us. Any suggestions on how to get through waiting to find out "how bad the cancer is"? He has never been a patient man.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

I took a 7 day vacation.  One that kept us very busy.  The waiting game is one you will never get used to. 

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
          Participant

I took a 7 day vacation.  One that kept us very busy.  The waiting game is one you will never get used to. 

Mary

Stage 3

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics