The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WLE questions

Forums General Melanoma Community WLE questions

Participant
      I had a wle for a insitu mole on my back. Its been 3 weeks since surgery. I just had all the stitches removed and noticed a brown spot near the scar line about a mm or 2 away hard to tell. Before surgery i had a mole under this new spot about a few centimeters. Im wondering if after the wle was sewn back the mole moved higher up that was under it. Either way im having it removed friday. What do you guys think? Can melanoma grow that fast and do you think its a reoccurrance. Or the mole that was underneath it. Its flat and light brown, no bumps. Sorry i have anxiety and depression issues. Thank you
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Treadlightly
        Participant

It is probably nothing. I had a brown spot appear right in the scar of my WLE a short time afterwards. It looked just as you have described…flat, light brown, with no bumps.The spot was removed and tested and turned out to be nothing. I have seen a couple more show up on my scar line and have not done anything about them. My doctors have never even comment on these spots during my semi-annual check-ups. It seems that scar tissue is just susceptible to the appearance of these spots.

Hoping it is nothing for you! 

Best of luck,
          Mark 2A

Treadlightly
          Participant

It is probably nothing. I had a brown spot appear right in the scar of my WLE a short time afterwards. It looked just as you have described…flat, light brown, with no bumps.The spot was removed and tested and turned out to be nothing. I have seen a couple more show up on my scar line and have not done anything about them. My doctors have never even comment on these spots during my semi-annual check-ups. It seems that scar tissue is just susceptible to the appearance of these spots.

Best of luck,
            Mark 2A

Treadlightly
            Participant

Best of luck,
              Mark 2A

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics