The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WLE and SNB next week. Any advice?

Forums General Melanoma Community WLE and SNB next week. Any advice?

Participant

23 yrs old, diagnosed in January after finding a spot on the back of my left ear. Will be having a WLE, reconstruction, and SNB next week. Wondering how long recovery typically takes? Can't really find much about melanoma on the ear so sort of in the dark.

23 yrs old, diagnosed in January after finding a spot on the back of my left ear. Will be having a WLE, reconstruction, and SNB next week. Wondering how long recovery typically takes? Can't really find much about melanoma on the ear so sort of in the dark.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ruby
        Participant

Hi there

I have just had the same as you my WLE was on my shin and the SNB was in left groin but all the same… I came out of theatre just fine felt like I had been through nothing but I got swelling in at the SNB site after about 7 days due to lymph gathering in the empty space I think this all happened because I didnt rest enough I went walking which aggrevated it and got on with everything as normal so a lesson was learnt to take it wasy otherwise you only extend the recovery time.. I did get an infection in the excision site too so be very careful cleaning or changing the dressings ๐Ÿ™‚ this was my second surgery as this was a recurrence at the same site but it made no difference all was totally recovered from 4 years ago.

I am sorry I dont know anything about melanoma on the ear just about the procedure as I have just had it ..

good luck and I will be thinking of you

rachel

ruby
          Participant

Hi there

I have just had the same as you my WLE was on my shin and the SNB was in left groin but all the same… I came out of theatre just fine felt like I had been through nothing but I got swelling in at the SNB site after about 7 days due to lymph gathering in the empty space I think this all happened because I didnt rest enough I went walking which aggrevated it and got on with everything as normal so a lesson was learnt to take it wasy otherwise you only extend the recovery time.. I did get an infection in the excision site too so be very careful cleaning or changing the dressings ๐Ÿ™‚ this was my second surgery as this was a recurrence at the same site but it made no difference all was totally recovered from 4 years ago.

I am sorry I dont know anything about melanoma on the ear just about the procedure as I have just had it ..

rachel

ruby
            Participant

Hi there

rachel

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics