The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Will start pembrolizumab soon, post Yervoy. Any success stories to share?

Forums General Melanoma Community Will start pembrolizumab soon, post Yervoy. Any success stories to share?

Participant

My husband will start pembrolizumab next week, after having had Yervoy with no results, and disease progression during the Yervoy treatment period.  What I'm looking for is some GOOD news from those folks who have had (blessedly) good results with the pembrolizumab.  Let me hear it!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Here's what I posted a couple weeks ago. Sorry I got some head and spine stuff going on so didn't feel like a special personal post. Very good luck to your husband. I hope he gets great results with pd1.

http://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/merck-eap-pd1-pembro-first

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

Here's what I posted a couple weeks ago. Sorry I got some head and spine stuff going on so didn't feel like a special personal post. Very good luck to your husband. I hope he gets great results with pd1.

http://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/merck-eap-pd1-pembro-first

Artie

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Artie

melinda2
                Participant

Artie,

Thank you so very much!  These posts were so encouraging to my husband and described so many similarities to his situation.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate that you took the time to send it, despite feeling crummy yesterday.  Blessings to you, and prayers for healing.

melinda2
                  Participant

Artie,

Thank you so very much!  These posts were so encouraging to my husband and described so many similarities to his situation.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate that you took the time to send it, despite feeling crummy yesterday.  Blessings to you, and prayers for healing.

melinda2
                    Participant

Artie,

sweetaugust
                    Participant

Hi there,

I was one of the ones that posted on the thread that Artie shared with you.  I've been on Pembro for almost two years now and have really been doing great.  I am still working full-time and have actually had far less sick days than I did before this diagnosis.  Gosh, I think I've only had two sick days in my two years on this trial…and before that I was out sick at least 2 days a month.  That is so crazy to me.  That is probably due to a big change in diet, which put my immune system on a much better track.  And because I was eating healthier, I was feeling better and just living life with more appreciation and more light. 

The first year wasn't a picnic because I was trying to do all the right things to help my body fight back.  So it was a lot more thought about what is best for my health.  It was delegating tasks so I had less stress and just learning to not sweat the small stuff in life.   I am so lucky because my boss is the one that told me I could not have any stress…how crazy it that…a boss saying that.  He is a scientist and he says it's been proven by science that I must have a positive attitude and I must cut way down on the stress if I wanted to get better.

The second year though has been fantastic.  Totally healthy and just all about traveling, trying new things, and having fun.  I feel so lucky!

My best to you,

Laurie

Marianne quinn
                        Participant

My husband had progression on yervoy. Had  microwave ablation to a small liver mets in May.He had adhesions due to being hit by a drunk driver 40 years ago so it was not an easy surgery. We just got back today from  a 18 mile backpack up to 12000 feet and he did fantastic. CAT scan Friday. Praying for NED but anti pd1 might be in his future. Please keep us posted and share your name. People here care. 

Marianne quinn
                          Participant

My husband had progression on yervoy. Had  microwave ablation to a small liver mets in May.He had adhesions due to being hit by a drunk driver 40 years ago so it was not an easy surgery. We just got back today from  a 18 mile backpack up to 12000 feet and he did fantastic. CAT scan Friday. Praying for NED but anti pd1 might be in his future. Please keep us posted and share your name. People here care. 

Marianne quinn
                            Participant

melinda2
                              Participant

Laurie, thank you for that great, great news!  I wish you the best for continued health.

melinda2
                                Participant

Laurie, thank you for that great, great news!  I wish you the best for continued health.

melinda2
                                  Participant

sweetaugust
                                  Participant

Hi there,

I was one of the ones that posted on the thread that Artie shared with you.  I've been on Pembro for almost two years now and have really been doing great.  I am still working full-time and have actually had far less sick days than I did before this diagnosis.  Gosh, I think I've only had two sick days in my two years on this trial…and before that I was out sick at least 2 days a month.  That is so crazy to me.  That is probably due to a big change in diet, which put my immune system on a much better track.  And because I was eating healthier, I was feeling better and just living life with more appreciation and more light. 

The first year wasn't a picnic because I was trying to do all the right things to help my body fight back.  So it was a lot more thought about what is best for my health.  It was delegating tasks so I had less stress and just learning to not sweat the small stuff in life.   I am so lucky because my boss is the one that told me I could not have any stress…how crazy it that…a boss saying that.  He is a scientist and he says it's been proven by science that I must have a positive attitude and I must cut way down on the stress if I wanted to get better.

The second year though has been fantastic.  Totally healthy and just all about traveling, trying new things, and having fun.  I feel so lucky!

My best to you,

Laurie

sweetaugust
                                    Participant

Hi there,

My best to you,

Laurie

RJoeyB
                                      Participant

I've had Yervoy but not pembrolizumab (or any other anti-PD-1), but yours is a question that's been posed several times here.  There was a recent study published in The Lancet (a U.K. medical journal, similar to The New England Journal of Medicine) and an article discussing it on Medscape.  I posted a link here:

http://www.melanoma.org/comment/77406#comment-77406

You need to set up a free account on Medscape to view the article, hope you find it helpful.

Best, Joe

RJoeyB
                                        Participant

I've had Yervoy but not pembrolizumab (or any other anti-PD-1), but yours is a question that's been posed several times here.  There was a recent study published in The Lancet (a U.K. medical journal, similar to The New England Journal of Medicine) and an article discussing it on Medscape.  I posted a link here:

You need to set up a free account on Medscape to view the article, hope you find it helpful.

Best, Joe

melinda2
                                            Participant

Thank you, Joe.  I'm going to take a look at that now.  I appreciate the help so much.  Best wishes to you!

melinda2
                                              Participant

Thank you, Joe.  I'm going to take a look at that now.  I appreciate the help so much.  Best wishes to you!

melinda2
                                                Participant

RJoeyB
                                                Participant

Best, Joe

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics