The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Why poor Mitt can’t be President

Forums General Melanoma Community Why poor Mitt can’t be President

Participant

Personally, I really like the guy. Handsome, articulate, wholesome. A lot like me. So whats not to like? Oh ya. He's a Morman. So why should that matter? I remember when A Catholic could not be President because America would then become a servant of the Pope!!! God forbid. JFK shattered that myth. But to many of my uber right wing gun toting God speaking evangelical baptist family members, neighbors and (almost) friends, a MORMAN IS NOT A CHRISTIAN.  Is this not the epitome of discrimination?

Personally, I really like the guy. Handsome, articulate, wholesome. A lot like me. So whats not to like? Oh ya. He's a Morman. So why should that matter? I remember when A Catholic could not be President because America would then become a servant of the Pope!!! God forbid. JFK shattered that myth. But to many of my uber right wing gun toting God speaking evangelical baptist family members, neighbors and (almost) friends, a MORMAN IS NOT A CHRISTIAN.  Is this not the epitome of discrimination? Does not the very Constitution on which our nearly perfect Democracy is based specifically rule out discrimination based on race, color or creed? All men created equal, blah, blah, blah? Notice there was no specific mention of women? But I digress.

So poor old Mitt cannot pass the most fundamental test of the far right. Being a "real" Christian.  At least Obama broke down the race and color barriers. Which is one of the reasons I proudly voted for him. And while I'm at it, why not a Jew or a woman, or a black Jewish woman for President? The sad fact is prejudice runs deep in the heart of all religious fundamentalists. Be they Christian, Muslim or Jew. And all the fundamentalists are scary.  Given the chance,they will happily deny the freedom of choice to all other competing beliefs. Dogma reigns supreme and exceptions to dogma are fiercely resented.

So chew on this and spit back at me if you got any balls.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        BillMFl
        Participant

Did not mean to post this as an anon.

BillMFl
          Participant

BillMFl
            Participant

jag
              Participant

I would definitely vote for a black jewish lesbian.

You are worse than Rush Limbaugh to listen to sometimes.  Kind of Bill O Reilly esque actually, the Bill Factor.

Like Romney too, but hey if Obama can get elected, anything is possible.  I also like the fact that he isn't riding around in a big stupid f-cking bus.

BillMFl
                  Participant

I'm really sad that Michele Bachman dropped out. She was eye candy ( a hot MLF), especially compared to Newt and the old wrinkled  disposable LIbertarian whats his name. Mitt is the only viable candidate. Saint Toriam is too much of a baby faced light weight.

jag
                    Participant

Bachman is a rich man's Pelosi, too much plastic.  The amazing thing is how once these people show up, you can't get rid of them.  Palin still is shopping herself around for a news network.  

BillMFl
                      Participant

Palin is a media Ho. She got rich thanks to McCain.

BillMFl
                        Participant

BillMFl
                          Participant

yoop
                            Participant

Hey Bill,

I accidently clicked on your name and not the topic.  On your profile page it said you are from Land O' Lakes, for real?  If that's the case, we lived about 30 miles away from each other.

Yoop

yoop
                              Participant

Hey Bill,

I accidently clicked on your name and not the topic.  On your profile page it said you are from Land O' Lakes, for real?  If that's the case, we lived about 30 miles away from each other.

Yoop

yoop
                                Participant

Hey Bill,

Yoop

BonnieLea
                                  Participant

Dear Yoop

isn't land 0 lakes some sort of margerine?  you mean you grew up in tubs of yellow stuff?  you AND Mr. Bill?  wow.  Or maybe it is a milk place.  forgive my lack of American knowledge.devil

BonnieLea
                                    Participant

Dear Yoop

isn't land 0 lakes some sort of margerine?  you mean you grew up in tubs of yellow stuff?  you AND Mr. Bill?  wow.  Or maybe it is a milk place.  forgive my lack of American knowledge.devil

yoop
                                      Participant

Hi Bonnie,

If Bill is from where I am thinking, then we were close, distance wise but different states.  Wisconsin is the land of Cow Shit and Beer Farts, where Vince Lombardi is held in higher regard than the pope.  If you have a basement then you can make it into a public bar.  Old Style, Pabst, Point, Rhinelander and Leinenkugel beer reign supreme.  And yes, Land 'O Lakes makes butter.  Wisconsin does make a good cheese for all the cheesehead Packer Fans.. (Their nickname, not mine)

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan was originally a part of Ohio but traded to Michigan for a pack of smokes and a nice pair of leather mittens.  And that, Bonnie Lea is your history lesson for the day…

Yoopers are a refined bunch as this video will clearly show…. heehee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9yhhflmvY 

yoop
                                        Participant

Hi Bonnie,

If Bill is from where I am thinking, then we were close, distance wise but different states.  Wisconsin is the land of Cow Shit and Beer Farts, where Vince Lombardi is held in higher regard than the pope.  If you have a basement then you can make it into a public bar.  Old Style, Pabst, Point, Rhinelander and Leinenkugel beer reign supreme.  And yes, Land 'O Lakes makes butter.  Wisconsin does make a good cheese for all the cheesehead Packer Fans.. (Their nickname, not mine)

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan was originally a part of Ohio but traded to Michigan for a pack of smokes and a nice pair of leather mittens.  And that, Bonnie Lea is your history lesson for the day…

yoop
                                          Participant

Hi Bonnie,

StanN
                                            Participant

hey Yoop,

Have you ever crossed  paths with my ole buddy,and fellow yooper Jim harrison,[author.poet and general character]Jim's not really my  ole buddy,but i figured we could of been if our paths had crossed.I have another buddy  who may have slept with him…you know to stay warn and what not..but anywhoooo it's a tad dark and quiet down here in Ky land and the bluegrass is still blue this time of year for a change,no snow no ice and once a week the sun does come out to visit…just wanted to say hidey-ho  from down Ky way.

StanN

StanN
                                              Participant

hey Yoop,

Have you ever crossed  paths with my ole buddy,and fellow yooper Jim harrison,[author.poet and general character]Jim's not really my  ole buddy,but i figured we could of been if our paths had crossed.I have another buddy  who may have slept with him…you know to stay warn and what not..but anywhoooo it's a tad dark and quiet down here in Ky land and the bluegrass is still blue this time of year for a change,no snow no ice and once a week the sun does come out to visit…just wanted to say hidey-ho  from down Ky way.

StanN

StanN
                                                Participant

hey Yoop,

StanN

StanN
                                                  Participant

hey Yoop,

StanN

yoop
                                                    Participant

Hi Stan,

Nope, never crossed paths with Jim Harrison, sure would like to tho.  He seems like the kind of guy you wouldn't mind having a few pints with.  I looked him up after I read your post, quite a character.  I don't think I have read any of his books but will now. 

It's weird here in Michigan, warm, but going to get cold pretty soon with some snow… about time….

Nice hearing from you Stan, keep in touch,

yoop

yoop
                                                      Participant

Hi Stan,

Nope, never crossed paths with Jim Harrison, sure would like to tho.  He seems like the kind of guy you wouldn't mind having a few pints with.  I looked him up after I read your post, quite a character.  I don't think I have read any of his books but will now. 

It's weird here in Michigan, warm, but going to get cold pretty soon with some snow… about time….

yoop

StanN
                                                        Participant

hey  good to hear back from you to yoop….I was pulling your  leg about my one friend being close with Jim harrison,but, in truth, it wouldn't surprise me if he did know Harrison personally. This other guy is also from Michigan,  He grew up on one of the big lakes,anyway back in 2001  when i went through my wle/snb he[my friend] gave me a book of poetry  by harrison.helll i never even knew he wrote' Legends of the Fall' or any of his other novels.I was brousing in the library and came across his other novels.He has a wicked naughty sense of humor,that i  think you will like it..I'v found myself spitting out coffee on more that a few occasions ,blindsided by  a sudden caustic humorous quip..He's brutally funny…if  you have a twisted male  mind,which from reading your stuff,enoughI'd say  ..hey if you do fb shoot me a request,stan nassano,catch ya later,

StanN

StanN
                                                          Participant

hey  good to hear back from you to yoop….I was pulling your  leg about my one friend being close with Jim harrison,but, in truth, it wouldn't surprise me if he did know Harrison personally. This other guy is also from Michigan,  He grew up on one of the big lakes,anyway back in 2001  when i went through my wle/snb he[my friend] gave me a book of poetry  by harrison.helll i never even knew he wrote' Legends of the Fall' or any of his other novels.I was brousing in the library and came across his other novels.He has a wicked naughty sense of humor,that i  think you will like it..I'v found myself spitting out coffee on more that a few occasions ,blindsided by  a sudden caustic humorous quip..He's brutally funny…if  you have a twisted male  mind,which from reading your stuff,enoughI'd say  ..hey if you do fb shoot me a request,stan nassano,catch ya later,

StanN

StanN
                                                            Participant

StanN

yoop
                                                              Participant

Hi Stan,

yoop

StanN
                                                                Participant

hey Yoop,

StanN

StanN
                                                                  Participant

hey Yoop,

StanN

BonnieLea
                                                                    Participant

Dear Yoop

BillMFl
                                                                      Participant

Yep Yoop. That would be Land O Lakes in Florida. I did grow up in Madison during the Lombardi era. Packers, hunting and ice fishing. Winter wonderland if you like below zero weather.  Nice place to visit. In summer.

BillMFl
                                                                        Participant

Yep Yoop. That would be Land O Lakes in Florida. I did grow up in Madison during the Lombardi era. Packers, hunting and ice fishing. Winter wonderland if you like below zero weather.  Nice place to visit. In summer.

BillMFl
                                                                          Participant

yoop
                                                                            Participant

Ahh, too bad Bill, we coulda been neighbors.  Ever hear of the bar 'Weasels', in Eagle River?  definately lives up to the name.  Then there's the Hodag in Rhinelander…. It a Country Music Festival that lasts for 4 days w/about 20,000 people a day…. was fun several moons ago.  I almost got punched by a female packer fan when I spoke a little loud about the F'ing Packers…. (Not a good thing to do in wisconsin.

yoop

yoop
                                                                              Participant

Ahh, too bad Bill, we coulda been neighbors.  Ever hear of the bar 'Weasels', in Eagle River?  definately lives up to the name.  Then there's the Hodag in Rhinelander…. It a Country Music Festival that lasts for 4 days w/about 20,000 people a day…. was fun several moons ago.  I almost got punched by a female packer fan when I spoke a little loud about the F'ing Packers…. (Not a good thing to do in wisconsin.

yoop

yoop
                                                                                Participant

yoop

jag
                                                                                  Participant

Bachman is a rich man's Pelosi, too much plastic.  The amazing thing is how once these people show up, you can't get rid of them.  Palin still is shopping herself around for a news network.  

jag
                                                                                    Participant

BillMFl
                                                                                      Participant

I'm really sad that Michele Bachman dropped out. She was eye candy ( a hot MLF), especially compared to Newt and the old wrinkled  disposable LIbertarian whats his name. Mitt is the only viable candidate. Saint Toriam is too much of a baby faced light weight.

BillMFl
                                                                                        Participant

jag
                                                                                        Participant

You are worse than Rush Limbaugh to listen to sometimes.  Kind of Bill O Reilly esque actually, the Bill Factor.

Like Romney too, but hey if Obama can get elected, anything is possible.  I also like the fact that he isn't riding around in a big stupid f-cking bus.

jag
                                                                                          Participant

Janner
                                                                                            Participant

Personally, if I had to pick a Mormon for president, I'd probably choose John Huntsman.  I met Mitt years back when he ran the 2002 Olympics in SLC and I was a volunteer.  I liked him.  Huntsman was governor here so I've really had more exposure to him.  He has no chance, but he is an interesting guy.  Recent ambassador to China and a good candidate.  I rarely discuss politics because there is only one party in Utah… and our views don't always coincide.  I tend to like the underdogs here.  wink

Janner
                                                                                              Participant

Personally, if I had to pick a Mormon for president, I'd probably choose John Huntsman.  I met Mitt years back when he ran the 2002 Olympics in SLC and I was a volunteer.  I liked him.  Huntsman was governor here so I've really had more exposure to him.  He has no chance, but he is an interesting guy.  Recent ambassador to China and a good candidate.  I rarely discuss politics because there is only one party in Utah… and our views don't always coincide.  I tend to like the underdogs here.  wink

Janner
                                                                                                Participant

BillMFl
                                                                                                    Participant

Ahhh Janner, thank you for reminding me about Huntsman. I wish he was more visible. From what I have seen he seems like a good option vs Mitt, or perhaps a VP? Both Mitt and Hunstman are too moderate for the present wacko leanings of the Republican party.  What a shame when a moderate conservative is considered a leftist.  I have always considered myself as an independent. Somewhat of a blend of liberal Republican and a conservative Dem.

BillMFl
                                                                                                      Participant

Ahhh Janner, thank you for reminding me about Huntsman. I wish he was more visible. From what I have seen he seems like a good option vs Mitt, or perhaps a VP? Both Mitt and Hunstman are too moderate for the present wacko leanings of the Republican party.  What a shame when a moderate conservative is considered a leftist.  I have always considered myself as an independent. Somewhat of a blend of liberal Republican and a conservative Dem.

BillMFl
                                                                                                        Participant

Nad T
                                                                                                        Participant

G-D I love you – you stupid prick.

Was just in the hood – Hilton Sands.

Nad T
                                                                                                          Participant

Nad T
                                                                                                            Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics