The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Whoa–missed a year

Forums General Melanoma Community Whoa–missed a year

Participant

Hi folks. I realized that in my move across the country to a new job I didn't do my annual "still here on the green side of the grass" report. So I'm still on the green side of the grass.

I am Stage III-b and had surgery and INF in early 2009. No recurrence since. In fact, I kind of missed a whole year as far as a checkup. My new onco in Iowa told me to focus on dermatology appointments but that we'd not be doing regular scans.

9 years, folks, and I have scars and gratitude to show for it. My best wishes to everyone who is in the fight now.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant

So great Drew! My son also had surgery and did Interferon in 2009 (yes, I know…not used much anymore)…almost nine years for him too!

Julie in SoCal
          Participant

Ok Drew,  good enough excuse for missing a year – just kidding.

So glad to read positive reports here! 

Shalom!

Julie

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics