The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

who let the cold out who who?

Forums General Melanoma Community who let the cold out who who?

Participant

Dam, got back to the land of sunshine and it was down in the 40's.  Supposed to be 77 this afternoon, but I wanted warm humid air when I got off the plane. Not the hot smelly bad breath of John the Rightous mind you. Just a little over 60 to the left of 70 would have been fine. Guess fall is here too. Well winter will probably cool off those panty waist Tea Party types.  A Jack Daniels Party would garner more attention from the manly voters. The Tea Party seems to be led by HOUSEWIVES! Now that's pretty scary. And John fits right in.

Dam, got back to the land of sunshine and it was down in the 40's.  Supposed to be 77 this afternoon, but I wanted warm humid air when I got off the plane. Not the hot smelly bad breath of John the Rightous mind you. Just a little over 60 to the left of 70 would have been fine. Guess fall is here too. Well winter will probably cool off those panty waist Tea Party types.  A Jack Daniels Party would garner more attention from the manly voters. The Tea Party seems to be led by HOUSEWIVES! Now that's pretty scary. And John fits right in. He probably carries a bag full of puppies and kitties where ever he goes. Total wimp.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        LV
        Participant

Well, ok, call me oversensitive, but as a former HOUSEWIFE I take a ittle offense, Bill, and I think you do housewives a disservice by associating them with that Tea Sippers group. Housewives generally get little recognition for the work they do, and I'm surprised at you Bill. They are the backbone of our families, and our country, and gee whiz, some of us can even think for ourselves. When done well, it's one of the hardest jobs there is.

So pick another group to diminish by association. Like, oh, maybe retired old men with nothing better to do.

BillMFl
            Participant

Not actually aiming at housewifes. But the fact is two of them were very intrumental in the Tea Bag start up. Ain't that special.  Of course now the Tea Bag movement is over run by dirt bags. Like John. Maybe even worse than John. Is that possible?

TinaR
              Participant

Damn Tea Bagger Party. I had to swear off tea bags because of that group and it's the reason I'm going to leave home…

I'm having an uneasy relationship with tea since they hijacked the name. It all started going really bad for me after the election…when  I took my daughter to a Tea House for brunch. Ick.  Can't seem to find a nice one in this area. Place smelled moldy, scones were lumps, sandwiches were pffft, sugar in PACKETS (!!!)  tea was weak and didn't taste like apricots OR flowers. Very disappointing. These two tea-related setbacks  set me up for the costly mistake I made …I'm going to head for the hills when the bill arrives.  

I'm in the mall  ( on the way home from Rice's Outdoor Market in Doylestown- if anyone knows the place–very neat!) …and there's a NEW  tea store- Teavana. It was so interesting. I picked up  this and that and the other thing, two tall tins of tasty tea and a huge jar of German sugar– the prices of the hard items seemed reasonable.  I almost fell over when they gave me the total. It has to be tea laced with gold.  The  tea spoon,  tea timer,  jar of  sugar and the brewing contraption below were relatively inexpensive- it must have been the tins of tea!!!  BUT OF COURSE! WHO asks how much tea costs…it's LEAVES AND TWIGS AND LITTLE DRIED FRUIT ??? 

Now that I'm over the shock ( until  I move into a cardboard box),,, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tea maker. It's a strainer in a 32 oz pot like thing.  You spoon in your tea, heat water elsewhere…pour it into the pot and let it brew for the desired time per tea type. Then you hold this pot contraption over the glass teapot you serve in and press down. Only the liquid comes through and the leaves stay in the pot ( which they said you can brew 2-3 pots and each is better than the first- pop entire contraption into the fridge to save if need be). The  old tea sock method was the reason I rarely made good tea- I think this thing was only around $30, very handy and well worth the price if you like tea. Best invention EVER and they have it in cup sizes or pot size~ check it out.  http://www.teavana.com

I bought the tins of Youthberry/ Wild Orange Blossom Mix and Rooibos Peach Bloom/Frutto Bianco Pearls Mix– heavenly fragrances and the Youthberry comes out pink ( has acacia berry- however you spell that crazy magic berry).   I can't even bring myself to look at the actual cost of the tea. I'm starting to hyperventilate again— I can't brew tea in a cardboard box and THAT is when I'll need it the most ! So, buy your tea elsewhere or I'll get a refrigerator box and you can move in with me.

LV
                Participant

I love Teavana! My son gave me a huge conatiner of Jasmine Dragon Pearls & Rooibos (which I have no idea how to pronoune) Tropica last Christmas. It's heavenly! I just use the little 'sleeve' bags, as I don't have room in my kitchen for a single other contraption.

TinaR
                  Participant

I didn't see the sleeves on the site…but I just learned that they price tea in 2 oz amounts and I bought 16oz of each blend  and 7.50 per tin.  For dried leaves and twigs. Dipship -I was so distracted and confused I just signed the slip and moved on to figure it out later.  I am experiencing an extended episode of self-loathing.

Your son loves you and gives good gift.  I don't value myself that much so  I'm  back to Lipton – about $3 a box.  It was good enough for my grandma, it was good enough for my mother and it will be good enough for me. It's also convenient…the little bags have strings which I can tie onto my bandana stick when I relocate all my worldly possessions into the Maytag container. 

TinaR
                    Participant

I didn't see the sleeves on the site…but I just learned that they price tea in 2 oz amounts and I bought 16oz of each blend  and 7.50 per tin.  For dried leaves and twigs. Dipship -I was so distracted and confused I just signed the slip and moved on to figure it out later.  I am experiencing an extended episode of self-loathing.

Your son loves you and gives good gift.  I don't value myself that much so  I'm  back to Lipton – about $3 a box.  It was good enough for my grandma, it was good enough for my mother and it will be good enough for me. It's also convenient…the little bags have strings which I can tie onto my bandana stick when I relocate all my worldly possessions into the Maytag container. 

LV
                      Participant

I love Teavana! My son gave me a huge conatiner of Jasmine Dragon Pearls & Rooibos (which I have no idea how to pronoune) Tropica last Christmas. It's heavenly! I just use the little 'sleeve' bags, as I don't have room in my kitchen for a single other contraption.

mlittle
                        Participant

I don't know Teavana, but I'm mad about tea these days.  I have given up my daily diet coke habit and am giving aspartame the boot.  I almost prefer hot tea to coffee these days… almost.  I've been drinking my tea black; no cream or sugar. 

mlittle
                          Participant

I don't know Teavana, but I'm mad about tea these days.  I have given up my daily diet coke habit and am giving aspartame the boot.  I almost prefer hot tea to coffee these days… almost.  I've been drinking my tea black; no cream or sugar. 

TinaR
                            Participant

Damn Tea Bagger Party. I had to swear off tea bags because of that group and it's the reason I'm going to leave home…

I'm having an uneasy relationship with tea since they hijacked the name. It all started going really bad for me after the election…when  I took my daughter to a Tea House for brunch. Ick.  Can't seem to find a nice one in this area. Place smelled moldy, scones were lumps, sandwiches were pffft, sugar in PACKETS (!!!)  tea was weak and didn't taste like apricots OR flowers. Very disappointing. These two tea-related setbacks  set me up for the costly mistake I made …I'm going to head for the hills when the bill arrives.  

I'm in the mall  ( on the way home from Rice's Outdoor Market in Doylestown- if anyone knows the place–very neat!) …and there's a NEW  tea store- Teavana. It was so interesting. I picked up  this and that and the other thing, two tall tins of tasty tea and a huge jar of German sugar– the prices of the hard items seemed reasonable.  I almost fell over when they gave me the total. It has to be tea laced with gold.  The  tea spoon,  tea timer,  jar of  sugar and the brewing contraption below were relatively inexpensive- it must have been the tins of tea!!!  BUT OF COURSE! WHO asks how much tea costs…it's LEAVES AND TWIGS AND LITTLE DRIED FRUIT ??? 

Now that I'm over the shock ( until  I move into a cardboard box),,, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tea maker. It's a strainer in a 32 oz pot like thing.  You spoon in your tea, heat water elsewhere…pour it into the pot and let it brew for the desired time per tea type. Then you hold this pot contraption over the glass teapot you serve in and press down. Only the liquid comes through and the leaves stay in the pot ( which they said you can brew 2-3 pots and each is better than the first- pop entire contraption into the fridge to save if need be). The  old tea sock method was the reason I rarely made good tea- I think this thing was only around $30, very handy and well worth the price if you like tea. Best invention EVER and they have it in cup sizes or pot size~ check it out.  http://www.teavana.com

I bought the tins of Youthberry/ Wild Orange Blossom Mix and Rooibos Peach Bloom/Frutto Bianco Pearls Mix– heavenly fragrances and the Youthberry comes out pink ( has acacia berry- however you spell that crazy magic berry).   I can't even bring myself to look at the actual cost of the tea. I'm starting to hyperventilate again— I can't brew tea in a cardboard box and THAT is when I'll need it the most ! So, buy your tea elsewhere or I'll get a refrigerator box and you can move in with me.

BillMFl
                              Participant

Not actually aiming at housewifes. But the fact is two of them were very intrumental in the Tea Bag start up. Ain't that special.  Of course now the Tea Bag movement is over run by dirt bags. Like John. Maybe even worse than John. Is that possible?

LV
                              Participant

Well, ok, call me oversensitive, but as a former HOUSEWIFE I take a ittle offense, Bill, and I think you do housewives a disservice by associating them with that Tea Sippers group. Housewives generally get little recognition for the work they do, and I'm surprised at you Bill. They are the backbone of our families, and our country, and gee whiz, some of us can even think for ourselves. When done well, it's one of the hardest jobs there is.

So pick another group to diminish by association. Like, oh, maybe retired old men with nothing better to do.

jag
                                Participant

uggggh,  now, I know why Cyn used to always post "How bout them Colts?"  She must have been bored to tears.  This place has gotten about as interesting as the McGlaughlin hour.   There are much more interesting things to stir people up about than politics.  Take Bill's open mindedness for the gays, now there is a topic that needs a-dressing.  

My breath may be smelly, but yours is downright offensive.

BillMFl
                                    Participant

Now that you mention your gayness, I'm surprised your turbin isn't pink.  And that round pink face of yours looks more than a little "sweet". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

BillMFl
                                      Participant

Now that you mention your gayness, I'm surprised your turbin isn't pink.  And that round pink face of yours looks more than a little "sweet". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

jag
                                      Participant

uggggh,  now, I know why Cyn used to always post "How bout them Colts?"  She must have been bored to tears.  This place has gotten about as interesting as the McGlaughlin hour.   There are much more interesting things to stir people up about than politics.  Take Bill's open mindedness for the gays, now there is a topic that needs a-dressing.  

My breath may be smelly, but yours is downright offensive.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics