The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Where to go from here??

Forums General Melanoma Community Where to go from here??

Participant

Quick background, diagnosed stage 4 in 2014 unknown primary.  Braf neg.  Have done IL-2, Yerovy, Nivolumab, genetic trial of palbociclib and most recently trial of glembatumuab & varlilumab.  Was considered stable on recent trial until two weeks ago when scans showed small brain tumor. Now I'm disqualified for the trial.   Will have sterotactic surgery tomorrow to treat the brain tumor. My question is now that I have the brain tumor, will I qualify for any trials, and if not what is next plan of action?  Thanks for any input.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

So sorry for all your are dealing with.  Thankfully, once a brain tumor is treated and declared stable (time frame for that varies) most trials will allow participation. (They didn't used to!!  But, most do now.)  You will just have to look at the exclusion criteria of trials you are interested in.  It seems to me  an IDO inhibitor  (like epacadostat) combined with anti-PD-1 might be an option???

Here's one report:  http://www.medpagetoday.com/reading-room/asco/59632

Here is a post I put together a bit ago for some dear ones who had already endured many treatments and still needed options:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2016/12/trials-for-joshie-and-paulster-and.html  

You will have to look at the clinicaltrials.gov site to see what inclusions/exclusions are and status of the trials at the moment.

Hang in there. Many smart folks will look for more options I am sure!  Get your SRS.  Don't forget to breathe.  We will keep looking…you keep asking.  Wishing you my best.  Celeste

cf91
            Participant

Thank you for your info! I will keep fighting!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics