The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Where is my profile?

Forums General Melanoma Community Where is my profile?

Participant
      Hi all, I’ve been off the board for quite a while and now find the site is totally different and my profile is gone. What gives? Does your profile get deleted if you don’t post for a certain amount of time? Oddly feels like someone decided .I didn’t make it. Do I need to recreate my profile from scratch?
      Glad to see many familiar usernames posting. Still dealing with brain mets myself.
      Cheers!
      Maggie
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        DZnDef
        Participant
          Very strange, my profile appears to be back now (I need to update it). Why is MPIP part of MRF now?
            Christiane29
            Participant
              Are you on active treatment for the brain mets? How are you doing? Wishing you all the best!
              DZnDef
              Participant
                Hi Christiane,
                I will be having gamma knife on Halloween. 2019. My current systemic treatment is Yervoy (too soon to know if it is helping elsewhere). I might be looking for a trial next but not sure if I would qualify for anything having gone through lots of treatments and having an active brain met. We shall see..
                sister of patient
                Participant
                  Hi Maggie – I’m always so glad to read your posts no matter how often (or not) they appear 🙂 I am never “far” from the board either and am a “lurker” now more often than not. I want to wish you the best for tomorrow though – will be thinking of how those magic gamma rads will be kicking butt for you!!! I did see your post too on the recent questions I asked – thanks so much for talking about craniotomies – not an easy subject!!! You take care!! Best, always,

Barb

Bubbles
                Participant
                  Hi Maggie,

MPIP has always been the forum for the MRF organization. They did upgrade the site in an attempt to make it more accessible but most importantly to deal with spammers. I haven’t heard that others “lost” their profiles. When I click on your log-in “name” I can see it, though it doesn’t look as though it has been updated since 2015. I think if you click on your own DZnDEF name, you should see it. When you do that there should be an “edit” tab above your profile should you wish to use it. I wish you my best. celeste

DZnDef
                    Participant
                      Hi Celeste! I am thrilled to see that you continue to be active helping people out. We have not always agreed on some issues but I have a huge amount of respect for your passion to help others and your phenomenal knowledge on treatments. I expect you are done with your treatment of the other cancer you had to deal with. Is there a link you could provide t a recap of your experience? I hope you are doing well.
                      Cheers!
                      Maggie
                    Julie in SoCal
                    Participant
                      Awesome! So glad to see you here Maggie! Glad you don’t have to resurrect your profile either!

Brain mets stink though!
                      Julie

DZnDef
                        Participant
                          Hey, Julie! Great to see that you continue to be active here. Rock star doc has done well by me as I am still kicking.. Running low on options if my current treatment plan (Yervoy) doesn’t pan out. But it will. Even so, It’s nice to have a backup plan ready to go in case (thanks to Artie for that idea). Just provides some piece of mind as not every treatment works for every patient. Rock Star doc and all my team have done a great job keeping me around long enough to try “the next thing”. And the next thing might do the trick for me. My NED is out there, I just need to hang around long enough to find it. Kudos to my team for keeping me in the game. Special shout out to Christine, NP, for keeping me going when RS Doc is out of town. They make a great team. My whole team is great as my longevity would indicate. I need to update my profile so it is clear who all that is. Keep conquering the beasts!
                          Cheers!
                          Maggie
                          Julie in SoCal
                          Participant
                            Good news for sure! So good that you have a plan and a back up!!!

Yes Christine is the best!!!! Although she did give me herpes (hehehe).

I hope to my path results from my bronchoscopy and get a plan tomorrow. Seems I’m complicated with both active mel and active lung cancer. RS Doc said he would need to burn some brain cells to come up with a plan. I’m sure he has a few to spare.

So good to hear you’re still hanging in there!
                            Julie

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics