The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

when to start zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community when to start zelboraf

Participant

Hello, fellow warriors.  I completed Yervoy on March 1 and asked onc what's next ..

Hello, fellow warriors.  I completed Yervoy on March 1 and asked onc what's next .. He's recommending Zelboraf.  I did some research which states that your body builds up resistance to it and eventually, it stops working.  My question is should I begin to use it if I'm stable or have a only small increase in size or new small  tumors?  It seems that i could watch and wait before starting since I'm feeling well and living normally right now ( I am able to run every day).  If i can remain this way for even a few more months before starting, I'll have that much more time before the Zelboraf stops working.  Past history: surgery,and standard radiation on my forehead and neck, Interferon, SRS on my knee and brain and just recently completed Yervoy.  Most recent scan shows 6 lung mets largest 8 mm  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

FrankD Brooklyn

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        LynnLuc
        Participant

Frank   Have you considered Anti-PD-1 before you do the B raf? It might be all you need and like for me I am in the booster/maintainance phase which is going to be 2 years of getting the infusion 1 time every 3 months- after which if I remain NED  my doc says I shold consider staying on it indefinately- to keep it away!  NED 2 years and 2 days Stage 4.

LynnLuc
            Participant

PS   you don't get many side effects with this either…

fdess056
              Participant

Thanks, Lynn and congratulations on remaining NED…  This will definitely be on the agenda next time i see my onc.  I did notice, however, that some of the Anti-PD1 trials don't allow previous yervoy patients….some do, which I find a little strange.

Thanks again for the suggestion and stay strong

Frank

fdess056
                Participant

Thanks, Lynn and congratulations on remaining NED…  This will definitely be on the agenda next time i see my onc.  I did notice, however, that some of the Anti-PD1 trials don't allow previous yervoy patients….some do, which I find a little strange.

Frank

fdess056
                  Participant

Frank

LynnLuc
                    Participant

LynnLuc
                      Participant

LynnLuc
                      Participant

Frank   Have you considered Anti-PD-1 before you do the B raf? It might be all you need and like for me I am in the booster/maintainance phase which is going to be 2 years of getting the infusion 1 time every 3 months- after which if I remain NED  my doc says I shold consider staying on it indefinately- to keep it away!  NED 2 years and 2 days Stage 4.

LynnLuc
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics