The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What tests do I need?

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community What tests do I need?

Participant

I just found out that I have mucosal melanoma in my cervix.  My Dr. ordered chest x-rays and abdominal ct scan.  I have been reading, and it looks like this can spread to all parts of the body, including eyes, brain, arms, and legs.  Should I be checked all over?  Maybe I am over reacting, I don't know.  Also, what does the acronym NED mean?  I've seen it a few times on this site.

Thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

I am sorry you are dealing with this. This link gives you information about all standard melanoma treatments:  https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2017/08/melanoma-intel-primer-for-current.html  At the end of that post there is an additional link to a post composed of a list of important acronyms.  NED = "no evidence of disease".  Eventually, you may eventually need an MRI of the brain.  You need to be accurately staged and go from there.  Ask questions as you need and learn more.  There are many wise and wonderful folks on this forum.  Hang in there.  Celeste

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics